Greetings from the USS Constitution 1812 Marine Guard

  • usmarine1814
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 29, 2004
      M.Corps Barracks
      Boston

      Gentlemen:

      I'm having dinner over at Colin Murphy's House, and following a
      bottle of Merlot he has kindly (and finally) convinced me to try my
      hand here on the 1812Post (as I have a terrible time logging on to
      Yahoo groups, and a worse time controling my historical nitpicking
      once on).

      Through the quality of your correspondence, Colin had demonstrated to
      me that this is the definitive place to be in 1812-cyber-space.
      Therefore, if appropriate, it is my wish, in all humility, to apply
      for membership.

      PS: If anyone out there is in communication with Maj.r Abolt, please
      inform him that the bolt of polyester and the naugahyde cartouche
      boxes he ordered are ready.

      Yr. Svt., ever, &c., &c.,

      Mark Hilliard
      1812 Marine Guard
      markhilliard@...
    • Kevin & Allison Windsor
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 29, 2004
        welcome Mark It is good to have you on the list. (nits and all ;-) )
        sometimes you have to be drinking for this list!
        have a drink for me!!

        Faugh a Ballagh
        Kevin

        usmarine1814 wrote:

        > Gentlemen:
        >
        > I'm having dinner over at Colin Murphy's House, and following a
        > bottle of Merlot he has kindly (and finally) convinced me to try my
        > hand here on the 1812Post (as I have a terrible time logging on to
        > Yahoo groups, and a worse time controling my historical nitpicking
        > once on).
        >

        > Mark Hilliard
        > 1812 Marine Guard
        > markhilliard@...
      • Steve Abolt
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 29, 2004
          Please have it sent post haste...

          --- usmarine1814 <usmarine1812@...> wrote:

          > PS: If anyone out there is in communication with
          > Maj.r Abolt, please
          > inform him that the bolt of polyester and the
          > naugahyde cartouche
          > boxes he ordered are ready.

          =====
          Cottonbalers, By God!

          visit our website at www.cottonbalers.lynchburg.net

          http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools
        • Rick Peterson
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 1, 2004
            Mark,
            It is indeed a pleasure to have your membership on the Onelist. Your
            knowledge and expertise are definately overdue.
            Looking forward to hearing your input and opinion on many subjects.

            Fortitudine!

            Rick Peterson