Re: [WarOf1812] Re: 1812 forts

  • abateman
    Message 1 of 45 , Feb 27, 2004
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Ed Seufert" <LCpl_RM@...>

      > There are 6 pages of Virginia forts. .....
      >
      > Ed Seufert, Cpl
      > 1812 Royal Marines

      Thanks for the link, Ed. What a great site! Looks like a good summer drive
      planner. A couple of historical sites and some twisty roads are all I need
      on a Saturday!

      Andrew Bateman, 41st Foot
    • Terry Lubka
      Message 45 of 45 , Mar 26, 2004
        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, David Webb <alderweb@v...> wrote:
        >I understand that the explosive regulations have just changed, and
        the maximum quantity of black powder that can be stored without
        having a licensed magazine for the purpose is 10 kg, not 25kg, as was
        earlier the case. This might impact on some unit purchases. I will
        try to get some confirmation on this.
        > --Dave Webb

        Well if you buy 25Ib's of blackpowder in bulk (box), to get around
        this law just divide it up to all your members. That's what we do on
        occasion. Have you seen the price of powder lately? The last time we
        bought some it was close to $16.00 a Ib!
        In regards to registering a musket. As mentioned you don't have to
        but do take note of who you vote for in the next Canadian Federal
        election. The Conservative party say's they'll scrap the gun registry
        program if elected into power....
        I just love watching the Liberal party meltdown with the Adscam
        enquiry.

        Terry
        25 US