An Introduction

  • rechnin
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 21, 2004
      Hi, I joined the group a few days ago and have yet been unable to
      post, till now, now I can do so I would like to introduce myself and
      tell you why I have joined the group. As with most here, I am a fan
      of military history, and have been for some time, I am also somewhat
      of a role player and wargamer, which brings me to the reason why I
      have joined the Group. I have always has an interest in the events
      of between 1792 and 1815 and what led to the period and its outcome.
      As mentioned before, I am a wargamer of sorts, and like many I have
      always wanted to write my own system. I project I began over two
      years ago. It is now time for me to expand and get the detail I
      need.

      The campaign system I am writing is based in 1792 but is meant to be
      free and open from that point on, however, rather than a simply
      recreation of historical events. But, I do not want to concentrate
      solely on the event in Europe; I want to include the whole sphere of
      events that took place including the Americas India and Indonesia and
      from Scandinavia to North Africa and everything in between.

      I was hoping this group could help me with at least North America,
      meaning Canada, the United States, the Native Americans and the
      various French, Spanish and Russian colonial holdings if not further
      off.

      Ian