Re: Spammers

  • Terry Lubka
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 21, 2004
      LL wrote:
      "There is really nothing that can be done about this other than deleting
      the culprit from the group as anyone can join this group and post messages."

      Sorry Larry but there is more that can be done. I run a few egroups as a
      moderator and I've set it up so that new member posts are moderated.
      Basically I have to approve of the post before it's released. If it is spam
      I delete it and ban the member/spammer if its not spam then I approve the
      post and release it and then change that member's status to unmoderated. I
      also frequently check the files, links, and photos areas for any spam
      postings.
      So people don't think of it as censorship I only go after the blatant spam
      crap that we've seen here and maybe other egroups.

      Terry

      25 US
      PPCLI WW1
      PPCLI WW2