Re: [WarOf1812] Digest Number 1970

  • Preziosia@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2004
      In a message dated 2/2/2004 9:11:42 AM Eastern Standard Time, WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com writes:

      > You're right about the Trafalgar map: SURPRISE would've sailed long before
      > the action to be in the South Pacific, if it was indeed meant to be 1805. It
      > was only a movie, I know, but "so near, and yet so far",
      > again.....

      Nice to meet you to Mssr. Suthren...I'll have to get you to autograph my books one day (even ones you didn't write)!

      ; ) !

      I'm an Alexander Kent man meself, read and owned all of Patrick O'Brian and got sick of "Lucky Jack" constantly running aground so dumped the entire collection.. though I did save "The Mauritius Command" as a superb stand alone book.

      Understood about the Fem names on the Emails, just thought I'd make a few folks twitch a bit!

      Andrew