Re: [WarOf1812] Digest Number 1969

  • Preziosia@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2004
      Am I terribly mistaken or is Vic Suthren the famous Age of Fighting Sail author..Victor Suthren. If so, nice to meet you.

      Also, how come a lot of you guys have Emails with Female type names of the opposite sex and or gender.....I know it can be cold and lonely in the great white north, but..... ; ) !

      M&C-when Aubrey gives his bio of Nelson to the young midshipman (who played an excellent roll in the movie, btw, they make the tremendous Boo-boo of showing the map of the plan of the Battle of Trafalgar...bit early for that eh?

      Andrew
    • suthren@magma.ca
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2004
        Dear Andrew

        Not famous, but, yeah, I'm the same guy. Thanks and good to meet you, too.

        I think the female names on e-mail addresses springs from the likelihood
        that it was someone's wife or partner who got the e-mail going, or who uses
        it most---or at least who handles the household finances, and pays for the
        thing....

        You're right about the Trafalgar map: SURPRISE would've sailed long before
        the action to be in the South Pacific, if it was indeed meant to be 1805. It
        was only a movie, I know, but "so near, and yet so far", again.....

        Yours aye
        Vic

        > Am I terribly mistaken or is Vic Suthren the famous Age of Fighting Sail
        author..Victor Suthren. If so, nice to meet you.

        > Also, how come a lot of you guys have Emails with Female type names of the
        opposite sex and or gender.....I know it can be cold and lonely in the great
        white north, but..... ; ) !

        > M&C-when Aubrey gives his bio of Nelson to the young midshipman (who
        played an excellent roll in the movie, btw, they make the tremendous Boo-boo
        of showing the map of the plan of the Battle of Trafalgar...bit early for
        that eh?

        > Andrew

        square miles...