Re: [WarOf1812] Sashes Again

  • petemonahan@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2004
      Sorry folks - punched send too soon. My bad

      Doc

      I know Wydean weaving - they do our reg'tl lace as well as the regalia for, from their catalogue, most of the armies of the commonwealth. I suspect their sashes, however, are of the tight-weave (modern) type.

      Distinguished General (this is NOT a plug!) has just offered a period - looking sash, quite different in appearance from the later styles. They explain why it's right on their site, whose address was posted near the start of this web. I have to say, BTW, that I prefer the modern-look ones, but I suppose I'll have to do the other. I only responded to Andrew because I assumed his "site" had something obscene to do with officers' nether regions. I mean, people who will "black their shakoes" are capable of anything! :)

      Sgt. monahan

      P Monahan
      petemonahan@... / pmonahan@...
      705-435-0953 / 905-936-4743