Peg Kellins

  • Susan Spencer McLean
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 15, 2004
      Just a quick note to let everyone know that our well-known and
      much-beloved weaver, Peg Kellins, will be going in to London University
      Hospital (London, Ontario, that is) tomorrow for heart valve replacement
      surgery. She's expected to be in the hospital for 5 to 10 days, and
      will then be staying with her daughter in Toronto for a few weeks while
      she gets back on her pins.

      Her doctors consider her an excellent candidate for the surgery, and are
      very hopeful of a successful procedure and full recovery. Nonetheless,
      think good thoughts for her, everyone.

      -- Sioux
      Mrs. McLean's Mercantile

    • Annette and Lloyd
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 15, 2004
        Susan ,
        Thank you for the notice about Peg Kellins , a couple of years ago Peg wove
        a sash for a young Sergeant in our Rifle unit at Mississinewa ,I remember
        how nice it was sitting and chatting with her while she worked on part of
        the sash . I remembered her and spoke often of that day and our meeting
        .Our thoughts and prayers will be with her .
        Annette Gower
        1st Regiment of Rifles
      • J.Bruce Whittaker
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 15, 2004
          I know I speak for all of the Norfolk Militia Heritage Regiment when
          I wish Peg all the best and we hope for a speedy recovery. We will
          miss Peg at the annual dinner at the end of the month, but look
          forward to seeing her again real soon.
          J. Bruce Whittaker, Corporal
          Norfolk Militia Heritage Regiment
        • Sioux
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 4, 2011
            Dear folks --

            I'm sure that almost everyone in re-enacting knows weaver Peg Kellins -- she's been on the circuit of events for years with her little shop, selling woven goods, yarn, looms, and the like. Unfortunately, it appears that our Peg has had a minor stroke. She's doing as well as might be expected -- the important stuff appears to be unimpaired at this point, although she is experiencing some weakness and unreliability on the left side of her body. She'll be off the road for a while, of course, as she'll be receiving rehabilitative therapy. Her spirits are good, and she's recuperating under the watchful eye of her daughter in Toronto.

            If I know Peg, she'll be missing us and wishing that she was able to get out to events and see us all, so I'm sure that she'd appreciate it if folks could drop her a quick note to let her know that we're thinking about her. Her address is: weavinn@....

            Please keep her in your thoughts and send good wishes her way.

            -- Sioux
          • Soo
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 5, 2011
              Thanks for telling us Sioux.
              The email addy that you posted doesn't work. In the meantime, please pass on my best wishes to Peg for Harry and I.

              Sue Too

              --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Sioux" <spencersmercantile@...> wrote:

              > Dear folks --
              >
              > I'm sure that almost everyone in re-enacting knows weaver Peg Kellins -- she's been on the circuit of events for years with her little shop, selling woven goods, yarn, looms, and the like. Unfortunately, it appears that our Peg has had a minor stroke. She's doing as well as might be expected -- the important stuff appears to be unimpaired at this point, although she is experiencing some weakness and unreliability on the left side of her body. She'll be off the road for a while, of course, as she'll be receiving rehabilitative therapy. Her spirits are good, and she's recuperating under the watchful eye of her daughter in Toronto.
              >
              > If I know Peg, she'll be missing us and wishing that she was able to get out to events and see us all, so I'm sure that she'd appreciate it if folks could drop her a quick note to let her know that we're thinking about her. Her address is: weavinn@...
              >
              > Please keep her in your thoughts and send good wishes her way.
              >
              > -- Sioux

            • Chris Pohlkamp
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 5, 2011
                Thank you Sioux
                Do you have a physical address we can send a card to?
                Chris/Checomick from
                On-Gwe-Ho-Way

                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 6, 2011
                  Spoke with Peg this afternoon -- she's in good spirits and is feeling fine, although she has a little remaining weakness and lack of co-ordination in her left side. She is being VERY well looked after by her daughter and grandson, and her grandson will accompany her when she heads back home to Clinton. She'll be in Toronto for a couple of weeks, and may or may not be able to pick up email during that time -- however, she will get messages when she gets home at weavinn(at)eastlink.ca (replace the (at) with the @ sign).

                  The very good news is that it was a very minor stroke, and she is expected to make a more or less full recovery.

                  If you want to send her a physical card or note, her address is as follows:

                  Peg Kellins
                  227 Huron Street
                  P.O. Box 527
                  Clinton, ON
                  N0M 1L0

                  Cheers,
                  -- Sioux
                • Luthien Tinuviel
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 7, 2011
                    Greetings!

                    Does anyone know where one can buy 100% wool yarn, suitable for making the
                    shoulder pompoms on British uniforms?

                    Thanks,
                    Beck
                    RNR

                  • Greg Renault
                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 7, 2011
                      Becky,
                      There are shops here that sell nothing but yarn! How much do you want?
                      Greg