War of 1812 re-enactor Artillery organization

  • cannoncanada
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 6, 2004
      Hello:
      As someone new to 1812 re-enacting, is there any kind of organized
      group devoted to concerns of artillery safety, drill, uniform and so
      forth - American or British? The one day Artillery School at Old
      Fort York in April suggests that certain standards do exist. Can
      anyone illuminate my path?

      Will McConnell
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 6, 2004
        From: "cannoncanada" <cannoncanada@...>

        " ... is there any kind of organized group devoted to concerns of artillery
        safety, drill, uniform and so forth - American or British? The one day
        Artillery School at Old Fort York in April suggests that certain standards
        do exist.
        _________

        Will

        The Artillery School at Fort York is for Crown Forces Artillery
        Crews (British/Canadian/Allies). I don't know if the United States Forces
        1812 are holding an Artillery School .

        The basic Safety requirements are Parks Canada and United States
        Park Services rules, with Niagara Parks and New York State Historic Site
        rules
        thrown in for good measure.

        I hope this illuminates your path or lights the way ........

        Yh&os

        L2