Re: Fwd: Letters of Support Needed for Star-Spangled Banner National Historic Tr

  • usmarine1814
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 6, 2004
      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, Jim Brown <jbrown_14105@y...> wrote:

      > Jefferson Patterson Park Museum

      JPPM is a great and important place and I think there is a need to
      make sure it recieves the protection it is due. However, I have a
      question about all this and I hope soome one will be able to answer
      it. If it becomes a part of the trail will it be under the
      supervision of the NPS. The NPS does great things and I have many
      friends that work for the NPS, but the current NPS policy of no
      opposing line tacticals is a misjudgement in my humble opinion and I
      just hope that if this becomes a part of the trail will it still be
      able to run the GREAT event that they hold their every year in the
      same manner and spirit it has been held in the past.
      YHOS
      PVT Murphy
      USSCon./Charlestown NY
      1812 MG

    • usmarine1814
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 6, 2004
        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "usmarine1814" <usmarine1812@a...>
        wrote:
        > --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, Jim Brown <jbrown_14105@y...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Jefferson Patterson Park Museum
        > If it becomes a part of the trail will it be under the
        > supervision of the NPS. The NPS does great things and I have many
        > friends that work for the NPS, but the current NPS policy of no
        > opposing line tacticals is a misjudgement
        > 1812 MG

        PS Upon making such a statement I just want to say that I have read
        the official NPS document for their policy and have worked with the
        NPS very close for the past seven years. They are our Land Lord after
        all. The own the Marine Barracks in Boston from which we run our unit
        when not on the ship. So its not just a statement from a guy who just
        wants to pop of his pretty musket for the heck of it.

        Take care all
        Pvt CM
        USS C. /Chrlstn NY
        '12 MG