Re: [WarOf1812] Hopefully next year...

  • JGIL1812@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 6, 2004
      In a message dated 1/6/2004 7:43:58 AM Pacific Standard Time,
      dave8365@... writes:

      > I regret missing the opportunity to see all my 1812 friends, and hope
      > to see you at Mississinewa this year.

      Dave,

      Sorry to hear that work will keep you away. Rest assured that you're name
      will be spoken "often" in the mess with a glass of fine port to boot!

      I'm sure Lt. Wright will not mind giving up the honor of dying this year. Nor
      will Lt. Read mind sharing the abuse for messing up that simple dam.

      Salute ... less we forget.

      John Gilmour
      Corps of Royal Engineers

    • Scott McMahon
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 6, 2004
        Ensign Lynch,

        If the good ensign would permit me to break protocol here and speak directly
        to an officer... you'll be missed on the American lines to be sure. And here I
        had a REALLY FINE bottle of port to share! Best of luck with the trial-take care
        and we'll see you next year.

        Sincerely,
        #28 Scott McMahon
        7th USI Co. A
      • David Lynch
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 6, 2004
          --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Scott McMahon"
          <TejanoDiablo@h...> wrote:
          > Ensign Lynch,
          >
          > If the good ensign would permit me to break protocol here and
          speak directly
          > to an officer...

          I have no idea what a good ensign would permit, but this lieutenant
          will happily allow you to add your regrets... ;-)

          Chin chin, and carry on making your mud pies...

          Dave Lynch,
          Yaddy yaddy yah
        • HQ93rd@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 7, 2004
            In a message dated 6/01/2004 3:35:19 PM, TejanoDiablo@... writes:
            > Ensign Lynch,
            >
            > If the good ensign would permit me to break protocol here and speak directly
            > to an officer... you'll be missed on the American lines to be sure. And here
            > had a REALLY FINE bottle of port to share! Best of luck with the trial-take
            > care
            > and we'll see you next year.
            >
            > Sincerely,
            > #28 Scott McMahon
            > 7th USI Co. A

            Just because the good Lieutenant Lynch is in absence does not mean his
            Commanding Officer can't have some port. Fine or otherwise. (no wait...I DO have
            taste. Fine -- no otherwise.)

            93rd SHRoFLHU
            THE Thin Red Line
            www.93rdhighlanders.com