Hopefully next year...

  • David Lynch
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 6, 2004
      Unfortunately, it now looks like I will not be attending New Orleans
      this year due to the fact that I will be starting a trial on January
      14, and will be busy over the weekend preparing.

      I regret missing the opportunity to see all my 1812 friends, and hope
      to see you at Mississinewa this year.

      I will pray for good weather!

      Cheers,
      Dave Lynch
      Lt., 93rd SHRoFLHU
      THE Thin Red Line
    • BritcomHMP@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 6, 2004
        Dave,

        You will be sadly missed. Best of luck with your trial.

      • JGIL1812@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 6, 2004
          In a message dated 1/6/2004 7:43:58 AM Pacific Standard Time,
          dave8365@... writes:

          > I regret missing the opportunity to see all my 1812 friends, and hope
          > to see you at Mississinewa this year.

          Dave,

          Sorry to hear that work will keep you away. Rest assured that you're name
          will be spoken "often" in the mess with a glass of fine port to boot!

          I'm sure Lt. Wright will not mind giving up the honor of dying this year. Nor
          will Lt. Read mind sharing the abuse for messing up that simple dam.

          Salute ... less we forget.

          John Gilmour
          Corps of Royal Engineers

        • Scott McMahon
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 6, 2004
            Ensign Lynch,

            If the good ensign would permit me to break protocol here and speak directly
            to an officer... you'll be missed on the American lines to be sure. And here I
            had a REALLY FINE bottle of port to share! Best of luck with the trial-take care
            and we'll see you next year.

            Sincerely,
            #28 Scott McMahon
            7th USI Co. A
          • David Lynch
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 6, 2004
              --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Scott McMahon"
              <TejanoDiablo@h...> wrote:
              > Ensign Lynch,
              >
              > If the good ensign would permit me to break protocol here and
              speak directly
              > to an officer...

              I have no idea what a good ensign would permit, but this lieutenant
              will happily allow you to add your regrets... ;-)

              Chin chin, and carry on making your mud pies...

              Dave Lynch,
              Yaddy yaddy yah
            • HQ93rd@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 7, 2004
                In a message dated 6/01/2004 3:35:19 PM, TejanoDiablo@... writes:
                > Ensign Lynch,
                >
                > If the good ensign would permit me to break protocol here and speak directly
                > to an officer... you'll be missed on the American lines to be sure. And here
                > had a REALLY FINE bottle of port to share! Best of luck with the trial-take
                > care
                > and we'll see you next year.
                >
                > Sincerely,
                > #28 Scott McMahon
                > 7th USI Co. A

                Just because the good Lieutenant Lynch is in absence does not mean his
                Commanding Officer can't have some port. Fine or otherwise. (no wait...I DO have
                taste. Fine -- no otherwise.)

                93rd SHRoFLHU
                THE Thin Red Line
                www.93rdhighlanders.com