Corset workshop

  • Five Rivers
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2004
      For those who live in Ontario, or who would like a weekend getaway,
      we're offering a weekend workshop on Regency corset making. As per our
      website: A weekend workshop dedicated to discovering the secrets of
      constructing a Regency corset, suitable for 1790 to 1825 historical
      interpretation. Students learn how to adjust a pattern for a personal,
      custom fit, and period hand-sewing techniques, in an intimate, hands-on
      environment. Pattern and materials included. Students should bring their own
      scissors, measures, etc. Classes conducted 9:00 a.m. to noon, 1 ½ hour break
      for lunch (not included), afternoon session from 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
      Accommodations not included. Please visit our links page for local motels
      and B&Bs. 50% non-refundable deposit at time of confirmation , balance due
      at workshop. Workshop dates: January 31-February 1, April 24-25, September
      28-29.

      We are located in the historical and picturesque village of Neustadt,
      Ontario, Canada, about 2 hours northwest of Toronto, 1 1/4 hours northwest
      of Guelph at the intersections of Grey County Roads 9 and 10. Side tours can
      be arranged to the Neustadt Brewery, Richard Mund Potter (pre-Victorian
      style majolica), the many antique stores in the village, Grey County Museum,
      nature tours along the magnificent Niagara Escarpment of the Bruce
      Peninsula, and much more.

      Regards
      Lorina
      supplies