Re: [WarOf1812] Newspaper article

  • John E Greig
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2004
      Hello All,

      A happy and peaceful New Year to all across the pond.

      Having read the following article forget the flour, pork, corn and salt. I'll have the whiskey at that price anyday !

      John Greig
      HM IXth Regiment of Foot
      Fort Niagara, Jan 8, 1801

      If the format is wierd I have it typed in MSword, since I imagine Mr
      Feltoe is already emailing to ask for a copy! One question. What is
      a blb?
      I have also read somewhere (I can't recall of hand) that the price of
      flour went up to $14 by 1813!! WOW talk about war time inflation!

      Crown Forces Unit Listing:
      http://1812crownforces.tripod.com

      American Forces Unit Lisiting
      http://usforces1812.tripod.com