Dolly was a BABE!!

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2003
      From: "Kevin & Allison Windsor" <kevin.windsor@...>

      I don't think Sally Fields should play Dolly. How about Catherine Zeta Jones
      or Elizabeth Hurley cuz Dolly was a BABE!!

      ------------------------

      Dolly who?

      .... and your historical documentation
      .... other than the Barber ..... that she was a BABE!?

      Larry
    • PEGGY MATHEWS
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2003
        Okay...

        This from the White House Collection:
        http://clinton4.nara.gov/WH/glimpse/tour/html/red-paintings.html

        Just scroll down to the well known image of our Dolly.

        Or this one is popular in some circles:
        http://www.si.umich.edu/Art_History/UMMA/SC02/SC028.jpg

        Maybe not a 21st century "babe," but they didn't have the benefit of all our possible "enhancements."

        Would you like a shave, or just a trim?

        Michael

        Dolly who?

        .... and your historical documentation
        .... other than the Barber ..... that she was a BABE!?

        Larry

      • ebclemson
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2003
          Larry,

          On a recent History channel filming of the last years of the War of 1812, my darling wife Sally portrayed Dolly Madison. So you see, <g> I have first hand knowledge that....YES.....Dolly IS a Babe.

          Sincerely, Dave Bennett, 1st U.States Infantry.