Re: 1812 Movie

  • Kevin & Allison Windsor
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2003
      Lundy's Lane gets my vote!!
      and I don't think Sally Fields should play Dolly. How about Catherine Zeta Jones or Elizabeth Hurley cuz Dolly was a BABE!!

      PEGGY Mathews' Husband wrote:

      > Okay folks, so what would make a good 1812 movie script? What campaign,
      > voyage, battle, etc. would be of interest (sell tickets) and satisfy our
      > hunger for the history of our period?
    • john harris
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2003
        There are two possibilties in my mind that would make a great movie . One
        would be on the Niagara campaign , during 1814 , the other hands down would
        be the longest and bloodiest battle of the entire war . The siege of Fort
        Erie . If "they" wanted , "they" could make it a combined trilogy , (
        without Orcs ! ) , ala' the Sharra books . # 1 Chipawa , # 2 Lundy's Lane ,
        # 3 Fort Erie . Just as long as they do it in order !!
        Lot's of patriotism , violence , and ( gasp ! ) history ! Hey through in
        some brief nudity and we got a blockbuster here!!
        It would be nice !
        Regards
        John Harris
        25th US