OT: - Re: [WarOf1812] Two New Movies Set Sail!

  • PEGGY Mathews
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2003
      (snip)

      >when we gunna get an Army Movie like ZULU?!?
      >
      >Yrs,
      >Larry

      I picked up a DVD of Zulu at K-Mart this weekend for $2.50. Watched it
      already, fine copy. They obviously have no sense of value there, thoroughly
      enjoyable movie!

      Michael

      Need a shot of Hank Williams or Patsy Cline? The classic country stars are
      always singing on MSN Radio Plus. Try one month free!
    • ANDREW BATEMAN
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2003
        Note to List members who may be interested: If you buy Zulu on DVD make sure you get the right one. There is a no-name one from some off-brand home video company that is pretty bad in quality and has several bits cut out of it. (Anyone need a new coaster?) The one issued by MGM with their logo on the cover is the one to get, though the soundtrack remains pretty muddy. This film really could use a full-on restoration like they did with Journey to the Center of the Earth, which I recently got on DVD. There is a special feature on that disc where they compare the new DVD restoration side by side with previous prints of the film and the difference is astonishing. Hopefully they will get around to it with Zulu someday - that film is a cult classic.

        Andrew Bateman, 41st Foot

      • dancingbobd@webtv.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2003
          Larry,

          Army movies take a lot more folks to make. Aubrey's ship had a crew of
          96. An army regiment has 500 - 800. Do the math!

          Dr. Bob