Re: [WarOf1812] Re: Bernard Cornwell/Sharpe News

  • PEGGY MATHEWS
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2003
      A movie often recommended to me that I haven't seen yet. I just don't seem to rent movies, but I will have to see that one. Sounds delightful.

      Didn't Wellington have a similarly phrased reaction when he saw the "Lion's Mound" for the first time?

      Cheers,
      Michael
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3, 2003
        In a message dated 11/2/03 2:33:09 PM, ray.hobbs@... writes:

        > already escaped:->)  See "Emperor's New Clothes" - a fun movie, 2001.
        > My favourite line - "They have changed my battlefield!", Bonaparte
        > viewing Waterloo six years after.

        The funny thing is Ray, that line was actualy stolen from Wellington (by then
        Prince of Waterloo) when he first saw the 'Lion Mound' though the actual line
        was 'They have ruined my battlefield'.

        Timothy Pickles
        1100 Chartres Street
        New Orleans