Re: [WarOf1812] Re: Bernard Cornwell/Sharpe News

  • Ray Hobbs
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2003
      Of course, Michael, by the time Sharpe got to St. Helena, Napoleon had
      already escaped:->) See "Emperor's New Clothes" - a fun movie, 2001.
      My favourite line - "They have changed my battlefield!", Bonaparte
      viewing Waterloo six years after.
      Second favourite line - "Six years of English cooking!", Bonaparte
      looking at his profile in a mirror.
      Ray Hobbs
      41st Regt.
      HQ Hamilton, Ont.

      On Sunday, November 2, 2003, at 03:19 PM, PEGGY MATHEWS wrote:

      > Well at least he got to South America in "Sharpe's Devil" to
      > unknowingly assist in the fanciful plot to rescue Napoleon.  One of
      > the more enjoyable reads in the series IMHO.
      >
      > Michael (who just picked up a copy of "Sharpe's Havoc")
      >   (snip)
      >   Its too bad Sharpe is so busy, it would be great fun to see him shoot
      >   over to North America for a quick frolic in our time period before
      >   haeding back to his farmhouse in France in advance of Waterloo!
      >
      >   Tom, 41st Regiment

      <image.tiff>

      > THOUSANDS of square miles...

    • PEGGY MATHEWS
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2003
        A movie often recommended to me that I haven't seen yet. I just don't seem to rent movies, but I will have to see that one. Sounds delightful.

        Didn't Wellington have a similarly phrased reaction when he saw the "Lion's Mound" for the first time?

        Cheers,
        Michael

      • BritcomHMP@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2003
          In a message dated 11/2/03 2:33:09 PM, ray.hobbs@... writes:

          > already escaped:->)  See "Emperor's New Clothes" - a fun movie, 2001.
          > My favourite line - "They have changed my battlefield!", Bonaparte
          > viewing Waterloo six years after.

          The funny thing is Ray, that line was actualy stolen from Wellington (by then
          Prince of Waterloo) when he first saw the 'Lion Mound' though the actual line
          was 'They have ruined my battlefield'.

          Timothy Pickles
          1100 Chartres Street
          New Orleans