Re: [WarOf1812] Re: Bernard Cornwell/Sharpe News

  • PEGGY MATHEWS
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2003
      Well at least he got to South America in "Sharpe's Devil" to unknowingly assist in the fanciful plot to rescue Napoleon. One of the more enjoyable reads in the series IMHO.

      Michael (who just picked up a copy of "Sharpe's Havoc")
      (snip)
      Its too bad Sharpe is so busy, it would be great fun to see him shoot
      over to North America for a quick frolic in our time period before
      haeding back to his farmhouse in France in advance of Waterloo!

      Tom, 41st Regiment

    • Ray Hobbs
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2003
        Of course, Michael, by the time Sharpe got to St. Helena, Napoleon had
        already escaped:->) See "Emperor's New Clothes" - a fun movie, 2001.
        My favourite line - "They have changed my battlefield!", Bonaparte
        viewing Waterloo six years after.
        Second favourite line - "Six years of English cooking!", Bonaparte
        looking at his profile in a mirror.
        Ray Hobbs
        41st Regt.
        HQ Hamilton, Ont.

        On Sunday, November 2, 2003, at 03:19 PM, PEGGY MATHEWS wrote:

        > Well at least he got to South America in "Sharpe's Devil" to
        > unknowingly assist in the fanciful plot to rescue Napoleon.  One of
        > the more enjoyable reads in the series IMHO.
        >
        > Michael (who just picked up a copy of "Sharpe's Havoc")
        >   (snip)
        >   Its too bad Sharpe is so busy, it would be great fun to see him shoot
        >   over to North America for a quick frolic in our time period before
        >   haeding back to his farmhouse in France in advance of Waterloo!
        >
        >   Tom, 41st Regiment

        <image.tiff>

        > THOUSANDS of square miles...

      • PEGGY MATHEWS
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2003
          A movie often recommended to me that I haven't seen yet. I just don't seem to rent movies, but I will have to see that one. Sounds delightful.

          Didn't Wellington have a similarly phrased reaction when he saw the "Lion's Mound" for the first time?

          Cheers,
          Michael

        • BritcomHMP@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 3, 2003
            In a message dated 11/2/03 2:33:09 PM, ray.hobbs@... writes:

            > already escaped:->)  See "Emperor's New Clothes" - a fun movie, 2001.
            > My favourite line - "They have changed my battlefield!", Bonaparte
            > viewing Waterloo six years after.

            The funny thing is Ray, that line was actualy stolen from Wellington (by then
            Prince of Waterloo) when he first saw the 'Lion Mound' though the actual line
            was 'They have ruined my battlefield'.

            Timothy Pickles
            1100 Chartres Street
            New Orleans