Re: [WarOf1812] Re: Retaliation

  • PEGGY MATHEWS
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 2, 2003
      Ah, try not to sweat the ignorant B. I try to ignore people's concerns about what uniform I wear (unless they are trying to keep me from playing) and just do my job to the best of my ability. I really haven't heard much regarding a US citizen portraying a redcoat though. Partly I suppose because I'm usually just a rank and file type.

      Now blue is another story. I once had a reenactor officer question me while smoking a vile cigar. "Why, (blows smoke in my face) would anyone, (blows smoke in my face) want to portray a Frenchman?" (blows smoke in my face) I'm really rather proud of my self control that day. Oh, he was and remains an American officer. However, thanks to him and the shoddy way my wife was treated by the "ladies" I was in Red next event I went to. But that's all water under the bridge, many years past.

      Michael M.
      (snip) as historians should we not
      attempt to rise above the "Partisan" comments.<<

      What a novel concept!
      You mean I can now, and finally -- after too many years, look forward
      to attending events and not having snide comments and looks directed
      my way (and usually behind my back) simply because I (a born and bred
      USA-ian) wear a red uniform?

      Won't that be nice!
      (heavy sarcasm intended)

      93rd SHRoFLHU
      THE Thin Red Line
      www.93rdhighlanders.com

      (snip)

    • Kevin Windsor
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 9, 2007
        Will would you please contact me off list or give me a call at

        home 905-357-5337

        Kevin

      • Rob and Stephanie Friar
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 9, 2007
          All,

          We in the newly formed 20 U.S. wanted to say a big "Thank You" to all
          involved in the event at Ft. McHenry this weekend. Though we had to leave
          early this morning due to some work commitments, we must say that we
          thoroughly enjoyed all the events both Friday and Saturday. Yes, my feet
          along with other various and assorted muscles hurt, but it was worth it. The
          ride across the harbor in "The Pride of Baltimore" was a neat experience.
          The march through the streets to and from the flag house was a great chance
          to see parts of Baltimore I have not yet seen. Saturdays tactical
          demonstrations, company drill, guard duty, etc, was my first chance to
          really get "into" the role of a regular soldier during that time, and I will
          always remember it.

          Thanks to the 7th U.S and 25 U.S. for allowing us to fall in with the
          "consolidated infantry" for the weekend. We learned a lot from you guys, and
          feel that our impression has improved greatly from having been with you all
          weekend. (1st Sgt., I promise I will have "pile arms" down by the next time
          we have the pleasure of falling in with you.;>)

          Once again, thanks to all for a great weekend.

          See you all at Jeff/Patt???

          Rob Friar

          20th U.S Infantry, Fort Norfolk Garrison

        • Brian Howard
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 9, 2007
            I want to second the comments made by Rob on the great
            time we had at "Defenders Day" this year. Yeah, we
            sweated a lot, maybe even cursed under our breath a
            little, but overall it was a great event. Hats off to
            the staff at Fort McHenry and others who were involved
            in the event.

            My sincere thanks to members of the 7th and 25th US
            Infantry who allowed us to fall in with the
            consolidated infantry company. I have always come
            home from events with additional knowledge for the
            impression.

            My thanks to Major Abolt for the fine orange shrub
            which really hit the spot after the Friday evening
            march.

            Looking forward to seeing everyone again at Jeff Pat
            next year for the Grand Tactical if not sooner.

            Brian Howard
            20th US Inf./Fort Norfolk Garrison

            P.S. Jim Bailey, this is the real Brian Howard.
            --- Rob and Stephanie Friar <vastatenavy@...>

            http://sims.yahoo.com/