Re: Retaliation

  • hq93rd
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 2, 2003
      In a message dated 23/10/2003 7:50:50 PM, ebclemson@... writes:
      >>We are all proud of our history, yet, as historians should we not
      attempt to rise above the "Partisan" comments.<<

      What a novel concept!
      You mean I can now, and finally -- after too many years, look forward
      to attending events and not having snide comments and looks directed
      my way (and usually behind my back) simply because I (a born and bred
      USA-ian) wear a red uniform?

      Won't that be nice!
      (heavy sarcasm intended)

      93rd SHRoFLHU
      THE Thin Red Line
      www.93rdhighlanders.com
    • PEGGY MATHEWS
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 2, 2003
        Ah, try not to sweat the ignorant B. I try to ignore people's concerns about what uniform I wear (unless they are trying to keep me from playing) and just do my job to the best of my ability. I really haven't heard much regarding a US citizen portraying a redcoat though. Partly I suppose because I'm usually just a rank and file type.

        Now blue is another story. I once had a reenactor officer question me while smoking a vile cigar. "Why, (blows smoke in my face) would anyone, (blows smoke in my face) want to portray a Frenchman?" (blows smoke in my face) I'm really rather proud of my self control that day. Oh, he was and remains an American officer. However, thanks to him and the shoddy way my wife was treated by the "ladies" I was in Red next event I went to. But that's all water under the bridge, many years past.

        Michael M.
        (snip) as historians should we not
        attempt to rise above the "Partisan" comments.<<

        What a novel concept!
        You mean I can now, and finally -- after too many years, look forward
        to attending events and not having snide comments and looks directed
        my way (and usually behind my back) simply because I (a born and bred
        USA-ian) wear a red uniform?

        Won't that be nice!
        (heavy sarcasm intended)

        93rd SHRoFLHU
        THE Thin Red Line
        www.93rdhighlanders.com

        (snip)

      • Kevin Windsor
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 9, 2007
          Will would you please contact me off list or give me a call at

          home 905-357-5337

          Kevin

        • Rob and Stephanie Friar
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 9, 2007
            All,

            We in the newly formed 20 U.S. wanted to say a big "Thank You" to all
            involved in the event at Ft. McHenry this weekend. Though we had to leave
            early this morning due to some work commitments, we must say that we
            thoroughly enjoyed all the events both Friday and Saturday. Yes, my feet
            along with other various and assorted muscles hurt, but it was worth it. The
            ride across the harbor in "The Pride of Baltimore" was a neat experience.
            The march through the streets to and from the flag house was a great chance
            to see parts of Baltimore I have not yet seen. Saturdays tactical
            demonstrations, company drill, guard duty, etc, was my first chance to
            really get "into" the role of a regular soldier during that time, and I will
            always remember it.

            Thanks to the 7th U.S and 25 U.S. for allowing us to fall in with the
            "consolidated infantry" for the weekend. We learned a lot from you guys, and
            feel that our impression has improved greatly from having been with you all
            weekend. (1st Sgt., I promise I will have "pile arms" down by the next time
            we have the pleasure of falling in with you.;>)

            Once again, thanks to all for a great weekend.

            See you all at Jeff/Patt???

            Rob Friar

            20th U.S Infantry, Fort Norfolk Garrison

          • Brian Howard
            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 9, 2007
              I want to second the comments made by Rob on the great
              time we had at "Defenders Day" this year. Yeah, we
              sweated a lot, maybe even cursed under our breath a
              little, but overall it was a great event. Hats off to
              the staff at Fort McHenry and others who were involved
              in the event.

              My sincere thanks to members of the 7th and 25th US
              Infantry who allowed us to fall in with the
              consolidated infantry company. I have always come
              home from events with additional knowledge for the
              impression.

              My thanks to Major Abolt for the fine orange shrub
              which really hit the spot after the Friday evening
              march.

              Looking forward to seeing everyone again at Jeff Pat
              next year for the Grand Tactical if not sooner.

              Brian Howard
              20th US Inf./Fort Norfolk Garrison

              P.S. Jim Bailey, this is the real Brian Howard.
              --- Rob and Stephanie Friar <vastatenavy@...>

              http://sims.yahoo.com/