Bernard Cornwell/Sharpe News

  • Tom Fournier
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2003
      Hello everyone ...

      Many may have heard the Cornwell's latest installment, Heretic, in
      his Grail Quest series is now available.

      Checking out his official website, I see we are to expect a new
      Sharpe novel in April, Sharpe's Escape ...

      For those who can stand the tease, the first chapter is available on
      line at:

      http://www.bernardcornwell.net/index2.cfm?page=3&BookId=40

      Tom Fournier, 41st
    • PEGGY MATHEWS
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2003
        Well at least he got to South America in "Sharpe's Devil" to unknowingly assist in the fanciful plot to rescue Napoleon. One of the more enjoyable reads in the series IMHO.

        Michael (who just picked up a copy of "Sharpe's Havoc")
        (snip)
        Its too bad Sharpe is so busy, it would be great fun to see him shoot
        over to North America for a quick frolic in our time period before
        haeding back to his farmhouse in France in advance of Waterloo!

        Tom, 41st Regiment

      • Ray Hobbs
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2003
          Of course, Michael, by the time Sharpe got to St. Helena, Napoleon had
          already escaped:->) See "Emperor's New Clothes" - a fun movie, 2001.
          My favourite line - "They have changed my battlefield!", Bonaparte
          viewing Waterloo six years after.
          Second favourite line - "Six years of English cooking!", Bonaparte
          looking at his profile in a mirror.
          Ray Hobbs
          41st Regt.
          HQ Hamilton, Ont.

          On Sunday, November 2, 2003, at 03:19 PM, PEGGY MATHEWS wrote:

          > Well at least he got to South America in "Sharpe's Devil" to
          > unknowingly assist in the fanciful plot to rescue Napoleon.  One of
          > the more enjoyable reads in the series IMHO.
          >
          > Michael (who just picked up a copy of "Sharpe's Havoc")
          >   (snip)
          >   Its too bad Sharpe is so busy, it would be great fun to see him shoot
          >   over to North America for a quick frolic in our time period before
          >   haeding back to his farmhouse in France in advance of Waterloo!
          >
          >   Tom, 41st Regiment

          <image.tiff>

          > THOUSANDS of square miles...

        • PEGGY MATHEWS
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 2, 2003
            A movie often recommended to me that I haven't seen yet. I just don't seem to rent movies, but I will have to see that one. Sounds delightful.

            Didn't Wellington have a similarly phrased reaction when he saw the "Lion's Mound" for the first time?

            Cheers,
            Michael

          • BritcomHMP@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 3, 2003
              In a message dated 11/2/03 2:33:09 PM, ray.hobbs@... writes:

              > already escaped:->)  See "Emperor's New Clothes" - a fun movie, 2001.
              > My favourite line - "They have changed my battlefield!", Bonaparte
              > viewing Waterloo six years after.

              The funny thing is Ray, that line was actualy stolen from Wellington (by then
              Prince of Waterloo) when he first saw the 'Lion Mound' though the actual line
              was 'They have ruined my battlefield'.

              Timothy Pickles
              1100 Chartres Street
              New Orleans