Re: Re: [WarOf1812] Question re: huzzah & hooray

  • Donlyn Meyers
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 27, 2003
      Dear Bob and all, Very interesting, both the 1770 dictionary and my edinburg 1777 pronounce the huzzah with a long a or ay sound........hmmm maybe we have been miss pronouncing it? Or perhaps we are pronouncing it as if we all are from some odd geographic bit of the English Empire.....I'm sure people had more regional accents than they do now.
      Donlyn Meyers
      Smoke and Fire Co. Publishing Smoke and Fire News
      27 N. River Rd. Waterville, Ohio 43566 1-800-766-5334
      dmeyers@... www.smoke-fire.com