Elting's books - was Re: non-partisan

  • PEGGY MATHEWS
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 25, 2003
      I add to Bruce's endorsement. While it's been several years since I read it, my lasting impression was one that didn't pull any punches about the "validity" of the war or the military incompetence on both sides (primarily unfortunately the US).

      Another worthwhile title by this late lamented author is "Swords Around the Throne." Full of anecdotal primary source bits as well as the big picture on Napoleon's Army. A good book for those with a world view on events of the time.

      Regards,
      Michael M.