Fort Niagara - and all events

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2003
      From: "westhouse03" <westhouse@...>

      I will make it a point to talk to Doug personally at some point. Just
      to toss about some ideas. He does however have alot more experience
      than I. I do not presume to tell anyone I know it all. At Fanshawe
      I stepped up to the plate and put my neck on the line because I had
      alot of free time. Thankfully it went very well.
      _________________

      This may be a good opportunity for all re-enactors and units in particular
      to talk to site co-ordinators and offer help in there program creation.

      Dave has some good ideas, as well new re-enactors see things from a
      different
      prospective than we who have been in the hobby since the original battles!

      Women and Ladies can always create living history vignettes. Betsy used to
      take
      in laundry and wash our shirts at an event, She charged for it come to think
      of it!
      Others used to play musical instruments, sewed, weaved, and others just sat
      their
      and drank fine wines as a Lady should .................

      Observed one unit this summer, rise and shine, marched to breakfast,
      returned to
      police camp, drilled, cleaned weapons, marched to lunch, drilled, formed
      into Army,
      tactical, returned to camp to clean weapons, marched to supper, returned and
      held a
      formal 'all-ranks-mess' in their camp street in the evening ........ a full
      day methinks.

      The 7th US Inf. lives 1812 from camp set up Friday, till camp breaks
      Sunday. Posting camp sentries, etc.

      yrs
      LL
    • Steve Abolt
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2003
        Larry,
        Thanks so much! We and our sister units of the 1st,
        6th and 25th USI take what we do very seriously.

        Can't wait to see you and so many other good friends
        at Mississinewa!!!!

        God bless both our nations and the United Kingdom. I
        hope all will join me in three heart huzzahs for over
        180 years of peace and an undefended border between
        two nations....Now Larry, about all the candle wax
        that dripped on my uniform last year at your officer's
        mess.......

        See you all soon!
        S.

        --- Larry Lozon <lalozon@...> wrote:
        > The 7th US Inf. lives 1812 from camp set up Friday,
        > till camp breaks
        > Sunday. Posting camp sentries, etc.
        >

        > yrs
        > LL