Re: Fort Niagara - this year

  • westhouse03
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2003
      > LL: This year Hal, from your unit was in charge of posting guards
      at the main door all day, and used guards from different units.

      That's my Hal, and a good job he does.

      > It is not the site's responsibility to organise pay masters handing
      out pay, etc.
      As I remember units doing Recruiting skits, paymaster skits, court
      martial skits, etc., on their own. Why does the site have to order
      these things done?

      Good point. Maybe that's why I went out on the wall myself.

      > Dave, you organise things at Fanshawe so maybe you could help Doug
      at Niagara!?

      I will make it a point to talk to Doug personally at some point. Just
      to toss about some ideas. He does however have alot more experience
      than I. I do not presume to tell anyone I know it all. At Fanshawe
      I stepped up to the plate and put my neck on the line because I had
      alot of free time. Thankfully it went very well.

      I have however heard reports from some who had gone and it sounded
      alot better. I will make it a point to put it on my calendar for
      next year. It was going to be anyway.

      > LL: this year the program was quite full and Doug the site so-
      ordinator,
      asked a couple of time if he had filled the weekend up too full. If
      units can do special presentations other than drill and firing they
      should step up and volunteer.
      Most registrations forms ask what a unit can do.

      Hopefully your words and mine will prompt others to step forward and
      walk the walls, do guard duty etc. etc.

      > My Guineas worth ......
      >
      > Larry Lozon
    • Rosemary Coole
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 2, 2003
        > "LL: this year some of the women worked their butts off in the
        kitchen nearly all day Saturday..."

        Larry, are you suggesting that in previous years, the food just
        appeared and nobody worked their butts off in the kitchen? I have an
        army of women behind me...be careful how you answer.

        Regards, Rose
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 2, 2003
          From: "Rosemary Coole" <rose.coole@...>

          "LL: this year some of the women worked their butts off in the
          kitchen nearly all day Saturday..."

          Larry, are you suggesting that in previous years, the food just
          appeared and nobody worked their butts off in the kitchen? I have an
          army of women behind me...be careful how you answer.

          ------------------------

          My Dear Lady Rose,

          I was speaking of this year (2003) as well as replying to the statement,
          "THIS YEAR, (2003) the women seemed to have nothing to do.
          Also, please note "Subject" - 'Fort Niagara - this year'

          I always make it a habit of attending the kitchen at Fort Niagara on
          Saturdays and acknowledge the work being done as I know that the women
          and Ladies within are working their 'butts' off and I really do not like to
          see
          it happen .........

          ....... just imagine, campfollwers with 'NO' butts!!!

          LL
        • cverrall@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 2, 2003
            --- Larry Lozon <lalozon@...> wrote:
            > From: "westhouse03" <westhouse@...>
            >
            > > The event at Fort Niagara needs to be expanded to
            > include the
            > > campfollowers and the sutlers.
            >
            > LL: this year some of the women worked their butts
            > off in the kitchen
            > nearly all day Saturday, some others campfollowers
            > could have helped
            > and their effort would have been appreciated and
            > they would have had
            > something to do.
            >

            > Larry Lozon
            >
            > I would just like to let you know that some of the
            ladies offered their assistance in the kitchen a few
            times, at Ft Niagara and the offer was declined a few
            times...i guess too many cooks in the kitchen can
            spoil the broth??? Catherine

            http://shopping.yahoo.com