Allow me to introduce myself too...

  • Matthew James Didier
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2003
      Hello everyone and forgive the intrusion... Although I was once on this
      list about two or three years ago (I think?) I have since rejoined this
      year and never, in all that time did a proper introduction...

      My name is Matthew Didier and I'm a recent addition to the Norfolk Militia
      (Heritage Regiment) Re-Enactment Group... Rifle Coy.

      I live in Toronto, Ontario (or, as my mother who lives in the town of
      Bancroft occasionally refers to it, "The Big Cesspool") and am thirty-six
      years of age... going on twelve in some aspects, ninety-one in other's.

      I'm unofficially hitched (soon to be "officially" - read: Engaged) to
      another new recruit to the Norfolk named Sue. (For the record, although I
      always had 'the bug' and have only just started acting on it, Sue got her
      on version of the re-enacting bug about a year and change ago.)

      I'm am the very proud webmaster of the website for the Norfolk Militia
      (Heritage Regiment) Re-Enactment Group (found at
      http://www.ontarioghosts.org/norfolk/ - Comments, critiques and other stuff
      is always welcome) and both myself and Sue are looking forward to spending
      much more quality time with our friends and the re-enactment community as a
      whole come the 2004 season.

      For now, I'm a content "lurker" and occasional poster (when possible) here
      on the Yahoo! list and continue to look after the ol' website.

      Thanks for letting me say hello!

      Matthew
      - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      Pretty Much Still a Raw Recruit: Norfolk Militia (Heritage Regiment)
      Re-Enactment Group
      Pvt. - Rifle Coy.

      http://www.ontarioghosts.org/norfolk/

      "If an elderly but distinguished scientist says that something is possible
      he is almost certainly right, but if he says that it is impossible he is
      very probably wrong." - Arthur C. Clark
    • HQ93rd@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 5, 2003
        In a message dated 1/10/2003 9:48:47 AM, ruetten@... writes:

        > Hello All:
        >                  My name is Don Ruetten and I live in Kitchener,  Ontario .
        > I am 41 years old and married with no kids
        >
        >   I am interested in historical re-enactment in general, but have only done
        > SCA stuff.  I am new to the 1812 era, though after attending an event this
        > summer, I am "hooked"
        >
        >   I am not currently a member of any group, though I am looking.  I joined
        > the list  to learn , and have already found tons of info in the archived
        > stuff.  I don't have any specific questions at the moment, so I'll just lurk
        > around for awhile till I have a better idea of what I'm doing.  Just thought
        > I'd let you know I'm here.
        >
        >   Thanx
        >   Don

        Hurray, Don! (that's "hurray", which you will sometimes hear at 1812 events,
        but don't worry...most times the familiar "huzzah" will be intoned.)
        Don't look for duck-tape swordfights or buckethead gladiatorials -- It's
        all just King's Regulations and "meat eater" living history, if you catch my
        drift!

        93rd SHRoFLHU
        THE Thin Red Line
        www.93rdhighlanders.com

      • Kim McMaster
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 5, 2003
          Your welcome message reminds me of the first time my
          daughter's friend Dayna came to a re-enactment. She
          thought it was pretty cool that they were telling each
          other to "buzz off" :)

          Kim

          http://shopping.yahoo.com