New guy- introduction

  • Don Ruetten
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2003
      Hello All:
      My name is Don Ruetten and I live in Kitchener, Ontario .
      I am 41 years old and married with no kids

      I am interested in historical re-enactment in general, but have only done
      SCA stuff. I am new to the 1812 era, though after attending an event this
      summer, I am "hooked"

      I am not currently a member of any group, though I am looking. I joined
      the list to learn , and have already found tons of info in the archived
      stuff. I don't have any specific questions at the moment, so I'll just lurk
      around for awhile till I have a better idea of what I'm doing. Just thought
      I'd let you know I'm here.

      Thanx
      Don

      *************************************
      Cathy and Don Ruetten
      ruetten@...
      http://home.golden.net/~ruetten/
      *************************************
    • Matthew James Didier
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2003
        Hello everyone and forgive the intrusion... Although I was once on this
        list about two or three years ago (I think?) I have since rejoined this
        year and never, in all that time did a proper introduction...

        My name is Matthew Didier and I'm a recent addition to the Norfolk Militia
        (Heritage Regiment) Re-Enactment Group... Rifle Coy.

        I live in Toronto, Ontario (or, as my mother who lives in the town of
        Bancroft occasionally refers to it, "The Big Cesspool") and am thirty-six
        years of age... going on twelve in some aspects, ninety-one in other's.

        I'm unofficially hitched (soon to be "officially" - read: Engaged) to
        another new recruit to the Norfolk named Sue. (For the record, although I
        always had 'the bug' and have only just started acting on it, Sue got her
        on version of the re-enacting bug about a year and change ago.)

        I'm am the very proud webmaster of the website for the Norfolk Militia
        (Heritage Regiment) Re-Enactment Group (found at
        http://www.ontarioghosts.org/norfolk/ - Comments, critiques and other stuff
        is always welcome) and both myself and Sue are looking forward to spending
        much more quality time with our friends and the re-enactment community as a
        whole come the 2004 season.

        For now, I'm a content "lurker" and occasional poster (when possible) here
        on the Yahoo! list and continue to look after the ol' website.

        Thanks for letting me say hello!

        Matthew
        - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        Pretty Much Still a Raw Recruit: Norfolk Militia (Heritage Regiment)
        Re-Enactment Group
        Pvt. - Rifle Coy.

        http://www.ontarioghosts.org/norfolk/

        "If an elderly but distinguished scientist says that something is possible
        he is almost certainly right, but if he says that it is impossible he is
        very probably wrong." - Arthur C. Clark
      • HQ93rd@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 5, 2003
          In a message dated 1/10/2003 9:48:47 AM, ruetten@... writes:

          > Hello All:
          >                  My name is Don Ruetten and I live in Kitchener,  Ontario .
          > I am 41 years old and married with no kids
          >
          >   I am interested in historical re-enactment in general, but have only done
          > SCA stuff.  I am new to the 1812 era, though after attending an event this
          > summer, I am "hooked"
          >
          >   I am not currently a member of any group, though I am looking.  I joined
          > the list  to learn , and have already found tons of info in the archived
          > stuff.  I don't have any specific questions at the moment, so I'll just lurk
          > around for awhile till I have a better idea of what I'm doing.  Just thought
          > I'd let you know I'm here.
          >
          >   Thanx
          >   Don

          Hurray, Don! (that's "hurray", which you will sometimes hear at 1812 events,
          but don't worry...most times the familiar "huzzah" will be intoned.)
          Don't look for duck-tape swordfights or buckethead gladiatorials -- It's
          all just King's Regulations and "meat eater" living history, if you catch my
          drift!

          93rd SHRoFLHU
          THE Thin Red Line
          www.93rdhighlanders.com

        • Kim McMaster
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 5, 2003
            Your welcome message reminds me of the first time my
            daughter's friend Dayna came to a re-enactment. She
            thought it was pretty cool that they were telling each
            other to "buzz off" :)

            Kim

            http://shopping.yahoo.com