The issue of Rum .........

    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 7, 2003
      From: "Robert White" <whiteesq@...>

      Sgt. Seufert or Mr. Lozon:

      Our stocks of Pusser's .... have long since run dry....
      How might we replenish our stock of rum if you know?

      My Dear Mr. White,

      I indeed do know, how you might replenish your
      stock of Pusser's Rum as there is a Liquor Store in
      Marian Indiana, about 5 minutes from the Battle of
      Mississinewa 1812 site, which I shall be attending,
      thus, I don't know about you on board Constitution,
      but those of us attending this 'SUPER' event will have
      the added bonus of replenishing our supply of Pusser's
      Rum in the BIG bottles!!

      I am Sir, Yours & etc.,c.

      L. Lozon ~ AdC, Crown Forces

      Greenock Hall
      Near the Mohawk Settlement
      Grand River Upper Canada

      ~
    • HQ93rd@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 8, 2003
        In a message dated 6/09/2003 6:57:08 AM, lalozon@... writes:

        > Also found this:
        >
        > "REDCOAT"
        >
        > 3 doses of Light Rum
        > 1 dose of Apricot Brandy
        > 1 dose Vodka
        > 1 dose of Lime Juice
        > a dash of Grenadine

        Hey! I just did that a minbute ago only sbecause it wasd all i had inb the
        bar.
        Tasted n prtetty gopof too, I might® add.

        93rd SHRoFLHU
        THE Thin Red Line
        www.93rdhighlanders.com

      • HQ93rd@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 8, 2003
          In a message dated 5/09/2003 6:42:39 PM, zorniak@... writes:

          > As re-enactors we try to be upstanding (and if we can't we find a tree
          > to lean or tinkle on with the help a gracious lady to help us back to
          > our tents...Larry and Ray I dare you to say it is not so) in our
          > behaviour as a soldier of the King.

          Oh my!
          Now you have me started!
          One of my fondest reenacting memories (and yes, this says a lot about me) was
          Waterloo 1995. We were in the middle of the pre-battle "death march" through
          the local villages. As we were following mindlesslessly down some street in
          the countryside, a halt was ordered (from who and where miles up ahead, we had
          no idea.)
          The lads of the Highland Brigade being a vocal sort, passed word up of their
          concern regarding the state of their bladders.
          Me, being a fair minded sort, always attune to the stream of humanity, gave
          in a loud voice whilst pointing to an adjacent hedgerow, the order for the
          relevance thereof of any needing to do so.
          The column emptied from the street.
          Including the good Commander of the 42nd of Britain, My good friend Glenn
          Robinson.
          (Me? I -- or at least back then -- can hold it like a Texaco tanker, so I
          remained at my post at the head of my column. Also a good place for photos...).
          Whistles and catcalls erupted form the "sassenach" units around us...due
          primarily to the fact that period trousers with all those buttons on the
          drop-front, are not as urinversally adapted to hedgerows as a 'Free-Willy" kilt.
          My soldiers were relieved, I was regarded with esteem, and the parade
          resumed.

          And yes, (take note especially Peter Catley) I DO still have that photo of
          Capt. Glenn Robinson, 42nd Foot, pisswa-ing on a Belgian hedgerow!

          93rd SHRoFLHU
          THE Thin Red Line
          www.93rdhighlanders.com

        • Peter Catley
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 8, 2003
            And yes, (take note especially Peter Catley) I DO still have that photo of
            Capt. Glenn Robinson, 42nd Foot, pisswa-ing on a Belgian hedgerow!

            How much?

            P**

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            square miles...