Re: US/UK Crown Forces

  • debsfuller
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 4, 2003
      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Gord_1812" <gord_1812@y...> wrote:
      > Show me how to do the drill we need to be safe and I'll be there
      > every time. Show me how to march on colors or how to stand at a
      > church parade and I'll be off on a ice run. Unless there is a
      unsafe way to stand. :)

      Actually there is. Many a novice in marching band or the military has
      collapsed in the ranks from locking their knees while standing at
      attention.

      Someone might want to hold a safety class on this. And you know
      sooner or later, the NPS will write strict regulations on it and
      require anyone who stands at attention on their site to go through
      their certification course. You'll have to walk around for at least 7
      minutes between standing at attention and do several yoga positions
      just to make sure that you are completely limber before standing at
      attention again.

      ;)

      Deb
    • Gord_1812
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 4, 2003
        LOL I'm happy to see someone has a great sence of humor.

        > --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Gord_1812" <gord_1812@y...>
        wrote:
        > > Show me how to do the drill we need to be safe and I'll be there
        > > every time. Show me how to march on colors or how to stand at a
        > > church parade and I'll be off on a ice run. Unless there is a
        > unsafe way to stand. :)
        >
        > Actually there is. Many a novice in marching band or the military
        has
        > collapsed in the ranks from locking their knees while standing at
        > attention.

        Yep learned it the hard way in Cadets.

        > Someone might want to hold a safety class on this. And you know
        > sooner or later, the NPS will write strict regulations on it and
        > require anyone who stands at attention on their site to go through
        > their certification course. You'll have to walk around for at least
        7
        > minutes between standing at attention and do several yoga positions
        > just to make sure that you are completely limber before standing at
        > attention again.

        Hey guys Deb is only joking!!! Out down the pens!

        Gord
      • HQ93rd@aol.com
        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 8, 2003
          In a message dated 30/08/2003 9:32:39 PM, kevin.windsor@... writes:

          > If some guy hasn't drilled in years I don't want him standing anywhere near
          > me.

          Ah, well then. Historic accuracy be damned. What ya think them 16 year old
          officers would a been a-doing? Dance class? (Well, yes, actually...)

          What ya think Sergeants are for?

          A Major, and damn proud of it!
          And...bow, 2, 3 ...and turn 2,3... and shift 2, 3... and take hands 2,3...
          93rd SHRoFLHU
          THE Thin Red Line
          www.93rdhighlanders.com