2004 WAR Of 1812 Events List

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 27, 2003
      May I be so bold as to suggest

      =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
      2004 WAR Of 1812 Events List
      =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

      May 29-30 Grand Tactical Ft. Meigs Ohio
      (Crown/USA Forces 1812 North America Event)

      July 2-4 Lundy's Lane/Chippawa Ont

      Aug 7-8 Fort Erie Ont

      Oct 8-10 Mississinewa 1812 Marion Ind.

      ~

      =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
      2005 WAR Of 1812 Events List
      =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

      Oct 7-9 Mississinewa 1812 Marion Ind.

      ~

      =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
      2006 WAR Of 1812 Events List
      =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

      Oct 15-17 Mississinewa 1812 Marion Ind.

      ~

      ----------------- Fini -----------------

      If you have your event dates for 2004 please
      add to the list and "Reply to All"

      Crown Forces North America 1812
      http://1812crownforces.tripod.com

      The United States Forces War of 1812
      http://usforces1812.tripod.com

      =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
      2003 War of 1812 Events List
      =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

      Jan 10-12 Battle of New Orleans
      January 18 River Raisin Battlefield Memorial Monroe, MI

      Mar 22-23 War of 1812 West Symposium-Arrow Rock Missouri
      Mar 29 Living History Conference - Fanshawe College-London Ont.

      April 4-6. Fort George (41st Dill Weekend)
      April 12-13 Crown Officer, NCO and Artillery School - Fort York

      May 3-4 Battle of Longwoods - near London Ont
      May 21 Talbot Settlement Reenactment - Port Stanley, Ontario 1812
      May 24-25 Talbot Settlement Reenactment - Port Stanley, Ontario
      May 24-25: Fort Meigs - First Siege 1813 - Perrysburg Ohio
      May 26 Fort Meigs - Memorial Day Commeration - Perrysburg Ohio

      June 7-8 Battle of Stoney Creek, Hamilton Ont.
      June 14-15 Fort Meigs - Muster On The Maumee - (timeline event)
      June 28-29 Fort Henry Kingston
      June 28-29 Sackets Harbour NY

      July 12-13 Crysler's Farm (REV event in 2003 not an 1812 event)
      July 19-20 Fort George, Niagara on the Lake, Ontario
      July 25-26 Wasaga at War - Nancy Island in Wasaga Beach, Ontario

      Aug 2-3 Fort Malden's Military Heritage Time Line
      Aug 9-10 Fort Erie
      Aug 15-17 1812 at Fanshawe Pioneer Village, London, Ontario
      Aug 16 Bladensburg
      Aug 30-31 Fairfield Thamesville Ont

      Sept 6-7 Battle of Lake Erie, Put-in-Bay, Ohio
      Sept 6-7 Battle of Backus Mills Port Rowan, Ontario
      Sept 12-14 Battle of Plattsburgh, NY
      Sept 27-28 Old Fort Niagara 1812 Weekend Youngstown NY
      Sept 27-28 Battle of St. Leonard Maryland

      Oct 3-4-5 Faire at the Forks/Battle of the Thames
      Oct 10-12 Mississinewa 1812 Marion Indiana

      Dec 6 Historic Merchants' Christmas Gathering, Hamilton, Ontario

      =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    • David J. Brunelle
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 27, 2003
        Dear Larry,

        Please add:

        Wasaga under Siege, Nancy Island Historic Site, Wasaga Beach, ON
        July 23rd, 24th, 25th/2004

        Thanks

        David Brunelle

        > (Crown/USA Forces 1812 North America Event)
        >
        > July 2-4 Lundy's Lane/Chippawa Ont
        >
        > Aug 7-8 Fort Erie Ont
        >
        > Oct 8-10 Mississinewa 1812 Marion Ind.
        >
        > ~
        >
        > =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
        > 2005 WAR Of 1812 Events List
        > =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
        >
        > Oct 7-9 Mississinewa 1812 Marion Ind.
        >
        > ~
        >
        > =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
        > 2006 WAR Of 1812 Events List
        > =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
        >
        > Oct 15-17 Mississinewa 1812 Marion Ind.
        >
        > ~
        >

        > ----------------- Fini -----------------
        >
        > If you have your event dates for 2004 please
        > add to the list and "Reply to All"
        >

        > Crown Forces North America 1812
        > http://1812crownforces.tripod.com
        >
        > The United States Forces War of 1812
        > http://usforces1812.tripod.com
        >

        > =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
        > 2003 War of 1812 Events List
        > =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
        >
        > Jan 10-12 Battle of New Orleans
        > January 18 River Raisin Battlefield Memorial Monroe, MI
        >
        > Mar 22-23 War of 1812 West Symposium-Arrow Rock Missouri
        > Mar 29 Living History Conference - Fanshawe College-London Ont.
        >
        > April 4-6. Fort George (41st Dill Weekend)
        > April 12-13 Crown Officer, NCO and Artillery School - Fort York
        >
        > May 3-4 Battle of Longwoods - near London Ont
        > May 21 Talbot Settlement Reenactment - Port Stanley, Ontario 1812
        > May 24-25 Talbot Settlement Reenactment - Port Stanley, Ontario
        > May 24-25: Fort Meigs - First Siege 1813 - Perrysburg Ohio
        > May 26 Fort Meigs - Memorial Day Commeration - Perrysburg Ohio
        >
        > June 7-8 Battle of Stoney Creek, Hamilton Ont.
        > June 14-15 Fort Meigs - Muster On The Maumee - (timeline event)
        > June 28-29 Fort Henry Kingston
        > June 28-29 Sackets Harbour NY
        >
        > July 12-13 Crysler's Farm (REV event in 2003 not an 1812 event)
        > July 19-20 Fort George, Niagara on the Lake, Ontario
        > July 25-26 Wasaga at War - Nancy Island in Wasaga Beach, Ontario
        >
        > Aug 2-3 Fort Malden's Military Heritage Time Line
        > Aug 9-10 Fort Erie
        > Aug 15-17 1812 at Fanshawe Pioneer Village, London, Ontario
        > Aug 16 Bladensburg
        > Aug 30-31 Fairfield Thamesville Ont
        >
        > Sept 6-7 Battle of Lake Erie, Put-in-Bay, Ohio
        > Sept 6-7 Battle of Backus Mills Port Rowan, Ontario
        > Sept 12-14 Battle of Plattsburgh, NY
        > Sept 27-28 Old Fort Niagara 1812 Weekend Youngstown NY
        > Sept 27-28 Battle of St. Leonard Maryland
        >
        > Oct 3-4-5 Faire at the Forks/Battle of the Thames
        > Oct 10-12 Mississinewa 1812 Marion Indiana
        >
        > Dec 6 Historic Merchants' Christmas Gathering, Hamilton, Ontario
        >

        > =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

        square miles...

      • Kevin & Allison Windsor
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 27, 2003
          Is this the same event that you assured me wouldn't be on the same weekend as the Lundy's Lane Comemoration.

          BTW to all. Look for something special happening that weekend at the 190th Cenotaph service.

          "David J. Brunelle" wrote:

          > Wasaga under Siege, Nancy Island Historic Site, Wasaga Beach, ON
          > July 23rd, 24th, 25th/2004
        • Docwaterloo
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 20, 2003
            sitting here reading the 1812 events lists, made me wonder.........why do you think us brits don't have the same amount of events afterall we have had our fair share if not more than the rest of the world of historical battles and wars on our fair land? yet we don't seem to do much in the way of historical events..........just wondered why? therefore I am wondering with interest if the rest of the world can give an opinion of why and secondly if anyone has a shortlist of Britons historical events we should in an ideal world be "eventing" every year like yourselves what would they be?????
            just a thought.........and a new discussion.
            take care
            Doc Walsh
            Surgeon to the 95th rifles, u.k

          • Donlyn Meyers
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 21, 2003
              I have added a special event to the Calendar, Donlyn Meyers

              April 16-17-18 Ft. Meigs Clothing Conference . It is sponsored by Smoke and Fire Co. and Ft. Meigs. It will be geared to re-enactors making clothing for this federal period. Good speakers, original clothing to look at, lots of hand outs. Held in Ft. Meigs nice new museum and conference area. $75 fee per person will be well worth it. To recieve a brochure and registration form contact :
              Donlyn Meyers
              Smoke and Fire Co. Publishing Smoke and Fire News
              27 N. River Rd. Waterville, Ohio 43566 1-800-766-5334
              dmeyers@... www.smoke-fire.com

              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 21, 2003
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 1, 2004
                  List,

                  I've added the following Chesapeake area events to the 2004 events list.

                  May 1-2 Capture of Havre De Grace, HDG, MD
                  Aug 14-15 Battle of Bladensburg, Riversdale, MD
                  Sept 10-12 Battle of Baltimore, Ft McHenry, Baltimore, MD
                  Sept 25-26 Battle of St Leonard's Creek, Jefferson Patterson
                  Park, Mackall, MD

                  Oct 23 1812 Militia Muster, Sully Plantation, Chantilly VA

                  We've also created a website for Units and Sites in the Chesapeake area and can be found at the following address: http://www.chesapeake1812.com/

                  An updated site for the 1812 Royal Marines can be found at the following: http://home.comcast.net/~1812royalmarines/

                  Cheers,
                  Ed Seufert, Cpl
                  1812 Royal Marines

                  =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
                  2004 WAR Of 1812 Events List
                  =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

                  Jan 8-10 Battle of New Orleans, Chalmette, Louisiana
                  Jan 17 River Raisin Battlefield Memorial
                  (11am) Monroe, MI

                  Feb 14-15 Battle of Ogdensburg NY.

                  Mar 6 Living History Conference, London, Ontario
                  Mar 27-28 War of 1812 Symposium Jefferson Barracks Missouri.

                  April 17 Crown Officer, NCO School - Fort York, Toronto
                  April 18 Crown Artillery School - Fort York, Toronto

                  May 1-2 Battle of Longwoods London Ont
                  May 1-2 Capture of Havre De Grace, HDG, MD
                  May 15-16 Militia Muster - Pine City, Minnesota
                  May 15-16 Heritage Days Barrie Ont
                  May 29-30 Grand Tactical Ft. Meigs Ohio
                  (Crown/USA Forces 1812 North America 'APPROVED'
                  Event)

                  June 4-6 Battle of Stoney Creek Ont
                  June 11-13 Georgina Pioneer Village, Keswick, Ontario
                  June 19-20 Genesee Country Village, Mumford NY
                  June 19-20 Battle of Craney Island, Norfolk VA

[...]

                  Revised: January 1, 2004

                  If you have your event dates for 2004
                  please add to the list in date sequence
                  and "Reply to All"

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                • Brian Howard
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 7, 2004
                    List,

                    Looking at the list of events for 2004 and the Fort
                    Meigs website, I am a little confused on the dates for
                    the grand tactical. Fort Meigs is listing their 1812
                    event for May 24-25 and the list below indicates May
                    29-30. Can anyone shed some light on the dates and how
                    can one get attendance information for a unit. Many
                    thanks for the help.

                    Brian Howard
                    2nd Virginia Regt., 1813-1815