Fw: Heritage Days - Looking for Re-enactors - Paid Event

  • David J. Brunelle
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2003
      From: David J. Brunelle
      Sent: Sunday, August 03, 2003 3:49 PM
      Subject: Fw: Heritage Days - Looking for Re-enactors - Paid Event

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: David J. Brunelle
      To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, August 03, 2003 3:33 PM

      Heritage Days

      City of Barrie

      Sesquicentennial Celebrations

      September 19th & 20th/2003

      Re-enactors, Sutlers, Demonstrators, Musicians, Artisans Etc,

      The City of Barrie is celebrating its sesquicentennial or 150th birthday and I have been contracted to co-ordinate the 1812 living history component of the event. The event will be held on Friday, September 19th and Saturday, September 20th 2003 and will feature all aspects of early 19th century War of 1812 time period related portrayals. This event will be a very large and well attended event by the public as well as thousands of students from local elementary schools partaking in an education day on the Friday. The City of Barrie as we know it today can trace its founded roots back to the War of 1812 and the Nine Mile Portage and a re-creation and official opening/re-dedication of the Nine Mile Portage trail leading from the foot of Kempenfelt Bay to Fort Willow Depot on the edge of the Minnising swamp is also planned. A parade through the streets of Barrie will also be on the agenda.

      I am looking for the following units, individuals, musicians, artisans etc:

      Fife and Drum Groups

      Period Musicians, Performers and Singers

      Period Demonstrators, Artisans, Entertainers and Sutlers

      Native, Voyageur, Buckskinner Units, Individuals & Encampments

      British & American Military Units, Individuals & Encampments

      Artillery Crews and Cannons/Artillery Encampments

      Long Boat Crews and Boats with Cannons/Naval Encampments

      If you have a special unique 19th century talent not listed above I would also like to here from you!!!

      This is a paid event for and all re-enactors; artisans, musicians etc., and you will be compensated for attending and providing wholesome education and public orientated programming. A reminder that this event is a little different from normal re-enactments as all participants are being compensated for attending and during education and public hours you are required to cater and interact with the public. First person interpretations and historical portrayals are stressed and encouraged as much as possible.

      This is a two day event beginning on Friday morning with an education day for local schools to attend, similar to Chatham's Faire at the Forks. There will be thousands of local school students attending on Friday with the day being split into two groups, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Public will also be there as well and once the education component of the event is finished the remainder of Friday evening and all day Saturday will focus on public programming.

      A note to sutlers who wish to attend that a small fee of $40.00 will be charged to those sutlers who just strictly sell goods with no demonstrations or interpretation. If you are selling goods and are demonstrating a craft or have a unique interpretation the sutler fee will be waived.

      If you are available to attend the event I need a proposal with the following information from you or your unit/group:

      1.. Name, Address, Postal Code, Phone Number and E-mail address
      2.. A description of what you have to offer in regards to talent, demonstrations, exhibits, entertainment, encampments etc.
      3.. Any promotional materials, pictures, website addresses, flyers, cd's, etc. promoting yourself or your group
      4.. How many performances, interpretations, and presentations you would perform if applicable.
      5.. How much it would cost for participating in the two day event.
      Please submit your proposals to David J. Brunelle by:

      Email - brunelle@...

      Fax - 705-549-5538

      Mail - 22 Fox Street, Penetanguishene, Ontario, Canada, L9M 1R9

      Please submit proposals as soon as you can as the City of Barrie's Heritage Celebrations Committee and I will be making decisions on an on going basis as to which proposals we will be accepting for the event. I thank you all in advance for submitting your proposals as you are more than aware that all proposals submitted may not be selected for the event. I look forward to receiving everyone's proposals and if you have any questions feel free to contact me anytime via brunelle@... or by phone at 705-549-5538.

      David J. Brunelle

      Re-enactment Co-ordinator

      Heritage Days - City of Barrie