Stovepipe Shako Blank source???

  • mdhistorybooks@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2003
      Some time ago I asked if a certain sutler in Canada had any Stovepipe felt
      blanks for the shako. I contacted the sutler by email several times but never
      heard back. Does anyone have a source on these? The 5th Md. and Fell's Point
      Rifles/1st Md. Rifle Bn. have just taken on a number of recruits and need a
      number of these. We just need the felt cylinder/body, and can take it from there.
      As a shameless plug, we have a web site under construction. Hopefully
      this link will come through. Still has a good bit to go on it, but you can get
      some idea. The group has devoted this year to recruiting and equipping. We
      hopefully will have a good turnmout for Jefferson Patterson Park, even if we have
      to strip the dead for clothing and gear/guns!

      <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/fifth_mr/index.html">Historic Guild of Maryland</A> - . We are an umbrella group for several
      portrayals of the American Revolution and the American War of 1812, one group many
      faces. Listed on our web site are our current portrayals, check them out, each
      site contains (or will) a little bit of history, uniform descriptions, pictures
      and so on. See you there!

      YH&OS
      Ted Yeatman
      Fell's Point Rifles