360 Grains and no half cock

  • John-Paul Johnson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2003
      Larry Lozon wrote:

      >From: "John-Paul Johnson" <jpjohnsn@...>
      >
      >JPJ: weapons inspection ...Check'em all at the start of each day for safety!
      >
      >LL: and what of those re-enactors who do not come to Morning Parade but
      >arrive half an hour before the battle and then they have cartridges of 360
      >grains and no half cock!

      I have an easy answer to that. You have three choices. Morning
      inspection, inspection by a designated person (ie event safety officer)
      if you have arrived on site after morning inspection or banned from the
      battlefield. Every person on the field is supposed to under someone's
      command. Unit NCOs and/or officers MUST ensure that each member of
      their unit (re-enactor group or unit on the field) has gone through the
      inspection process. Cartouches could be visually inspected by Unit NCOs
      as part of the kitting-up process to ensure proper cartridges.

      That should actually apply to artillery as well. Guns and charges both
      should be visually inspected before each battle by the commander.

      CU L8R AV8R

      J-P