opinion value

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2003
      From: "Sgt. Wattie" <cwattie@...>

      current exchange rates $1.50 Cdn is more like $1.05 US. ...
      The value of your opinions is rising .......

      ------------------------

      Hmmmmmmm ........ I should have read the NATIONAL POST
      and I would have known that!

      Instead, I was reading the KITCHENER RECORD about the
      ROLLING STONES concert! :^)

      I hope to see one and all Aug 2-3 at The Fort Malden's Military Heritage
      Time Line.

      Last year's event featured:

      Roman soldiers 500 AD
      Polish Lancers and Hussars 1650
      New York Loyalists 1750
      Rev War American Minuteman and
      Tittapowassi Fife and Drum Corps 1776
      1812 featured, 41st'ers, Upper Canadian Militia 'Rifleman' and
      10th Royal Veterans brigaded to present a respectable company
      of 1812 soldiers.

      34th Regt of Foot (Site staff) 1830

      10th Mississippi (CSA) 1860

      French Grenadier WW1

      American, Canadian and German troops WW2

      ending with the

      Windsor Regiment 2002

      a very fine program, enjoyed by all present.

      Tacticals and fashion shows highlighted soldiers,
      Ladies and women from all time periods.

      Artillery demos of a Mortar, 3 lb cannon, 6 lb. cannon,
      and a 32 lb. Carronade shook the town and caused every
      car alarm in a 5 mile radius to sound! A job well done.

      The site is very beautiful on the shores of the Detroit River in a
      treed park setting.

      This event is growing into a SUPER timeline and is twined with the town's
      Heritage Festival.

      ______________________

      Fort Malden National Historic Site of Canada
      Military Heritage Days Time line Event
      August 2 & 3 , 2003

      Tentative Schedule

      Friday, August 1:

      14:00 Registration Opens
      22:00 Registration Closes
      24:00 South Service Gate Closes

      Saturday, August 2:

      06:00 Service Gate Opens
      08:00 Washrooms/Registration Opens
      09:00 Parade Form Up
      0930 Town Parade
      10:00 Site Opens
      10:30 O Group
      11:00 Dr. Quimby and Tittawabassee in encampment
      11:30 Artillery Demo.
      12:00 - 1:00 Re-enactor Lunches
      1:00 Afternoon Opening Ceremony
      1:15 Artillery Demo.
      1:30 Concert by Tittawabassee Valley Fife and Drum Corps
      2:00 Unit Demonstrations
      2:30 Concert by 41st Reg't Fife and Drum Corps - Ft. George
      3:00 Period Fashions/Dr. Quimby/Encampment
      3:30 Concert by Tittawabassee Valley Fife and Drum Corps
      4:00 Artillery Demo
      5:00 Site closes
      7:00 - 12:00 Tavern By The River.

      Sunday, August 3, 2003

      06:00 Service Gate Opens
      08:00 Wash Rooms Open
      10:00 Site Opens
      10:30 O. Group
      12:00 - 1:00 Re-enactor Lunch
      1:00 Afternoon Opening Ceremonythis
      1:15 Concert by Tittawabassee Valley Fife and Drum Corps
      1:45 Rate of fire demonstration
      2:15 Unit Demonstrations
      2:45 Artillery Demonstrations
      3:15 Concert by Tittawabassee Valley Fife and Drum Corps
      3:45 Period Fashions/Dr. Quimby and Encampment
      4:15 Artillery Demonstration
      5:00 Site closes.

      For more info visit:

      http://www.pc.gc.ca/lhn-nhs/on/malden/index_e.asp