Re: US Troops

  • john harris
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2003
      > Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 19:30:47 -0400
      > From: "Larry Lozon" <lalozon@...>
      > Subject: US Troops now 'GRAND TACTICAL'

      > I remember when Ontario could boast of about 30 blue coats and now,
      > if it wasn't for John and his unit, there are virtually no bluecoats in
      > Ontario.

      Larry I thank you for the acknowledgement of the work that myself and my
      guy's have done over the past 5 years . How ever there is a group that
      tirelessly participates year in and year out and also , for the most part,
      travell's the furthest without complaint . That is the 19th US . Without
      them the line would be very small indeed ! Some of us can remember the day's
      when the 19th, the 17th, and a few other "regular" individuals , filled out
      the US line . Year after year, event after event , they are there . They
      are my closest friends and my comrades .

      > Your statement is so true John, if they don't want to actually raise an
      > American unit then most will have to carry both Brit and USA kits to
      events.
      > I applaud those who do and yes, Larry's commentary states: ....no enemy
      > no tactical!

      Agreed , but .. without offense to anyone . If you're going to make the
      effort to "join" the blue line , please take the time to do it right . We
      are very accomadating to provide guidence , and advice to anyone who want's
      to do it right . Please don't come to us with Rev-war uniforms, F &I
      uniforms , Star Trek uniforms , etc. It's really a matter of respect to what
      we are doing . I/We don't dress in Rev/ F& I when we play with the British
      line once a year at Niagara . Yes, we are not a North American Reg't, but ,
      we preform British Drill and wear a British uniform that is correct to the
      time we are portraying . We are very honoured when we are allowed to
      participate with the Batallion . Please do the same courtesy with us .

      > On the birthday of Canada and the United States I am reminded of the
      > longest
      > undefended border in the world and the friendships that have been forged
      > through
      > this hobby.

      I can't agree more . After 22 years of this time frame alone , I can't
      imagine not knowing the friends I have on both side's of the border . We are
      really blessed with this hobby .

      > Now to another matter .......
      >
      > There are those in the hobby who are in fact trying to turn this hobby
      > around .....

      > Plans are in the works to hold a 'GRAND TACTICAL' every year. This would
      > mean
      > every 1812 unit in North American would attend. One year in Canada and the
      > the USA.

      Sound's good . Let's take a page from the Civil war re-enactors . Plan on a
      big event in a region on a particular year . Allow sufficient time so
      people can plan ahead with work etc. And have "The Big One" . This is how
      they ( the Civil War ) get's 40,000 troops on field !!! Of couse we don't
      have that many, but it would be great to see more than 100 soldiers on field
      .

      > The 1812 GRAND TACTICAL will only work with you the re-enactor attends.

      I'll be first to say " I'll be there ! "

      Larry Lozon

      Regards
      John Harris
      25th US Infantry Whiting's company
      42nd Reg't Grenadier Company
    • Sgt. Wattie
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2003
        > Please don't come to us with Rev-war uniforms, F &I
        > uniforms , Star Trek uniforms , etc.

        Oh great! NOW you tell us ... after we've wasted $5 apiece on "Spock
        ears" for all of IMUC!
        Chris W.