Re: Site of the First Parliament Building in Upper Canada

  • natty10000
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2 12:23 PM
      The other thing that occurred to me about this mention about the
      not in the Toronto area, the Sun is a rather right-leaning paper
      (something akin to the New York Post) and is usually (though not
      always) loathe to print anything that might reflect badly on the
      provincial Conservative party which currently is in power in the
      Province. So, maybe. Just maybe.

      Ian
    • natty10000
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2 12:45 PM
        Sorry for the multiple posts but there's an article on the Globe and
        Mail website which seems to confirm the comments in the Sun. I tried
        posting the direct link but the wordwrap wrecks it. Just go to
        http://www.globeandmail.ca and search on 1812

        Fingers still crossed. It's one of those things I'll believe once the
        ownership papers signed (or should they be singed just for good
        measure), sealed and delivered.