Re: US Troops + Fort Henry

  • Rick Peterson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2003
      > John et all;
      Sure could have used more US Troops at Fort Henry last week end!!
      As a matter of fact it would be to the advantage of the 1812 hobby
      in the Great Lakes area to raise a couple of good sized USA Regiments
      to oppose the Crown Forces.
      This would also eliminate the Brits having to cross dress into USA
      garb
      Just a thot to those Canucks who want to start a re-enactment
      group......

      Any Canucks in the Great Lakes area wishing to do a US impression may
      want to think about doing a US Marine impression. The "Northern
      Detachment" of the USMC currently has 3 members, and is slowly
      growing. We are based in the Hamilton/Oakville area in Ontario.
      We are closely tied with the USS Constitution 1812 Marines based in
      Boston who act as an invaluable resource.
      For those considering a US impression, becoming a Marine allows you
      to correctly use your white belting, and Brown Bess as part of your
      equipment (the Marines were issued Besses bought from the Brit.
      gov't).
      Visit them online at:
      http://1812marines.org/

      or contact myself outside the list.