Re: [WarOf1812] Re: spam stopper.

  • Susan Spencer McLean
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2003
      Terry Lubka wrote:

      Greetings,
      I'm sorry to say this but by displaying all those email addresses of all the
      unit representatives plus the brigade command you are leaving all those
      people open to get tons of SPAM. No not the canned lunch meat. The
      unsolicited email . . .

      --------------

      There is a wonderful piece of software called "Troll Trapper" that you
      can get -- it uses a little java script that scrambles the e-mail
      addresses on websites before they are uploaded so that spambots don't
      see the addresses, yet they appear in their proper formats, can be cut
      and pasted as necessary, and can work as "mailto" forms for the average
      (non-spammer) user.

      Check Google for the Troll Trapper website (I am in the midst of a major
      download at the moment or I would have done so before posting this) -- I
      am under the impression that this is freeware.

      Cheers!
      -- Sioux
    • David Randle
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2003
        Sioux

        http://www.trolltrapper.com/

        It appears that downloading an "unregistered" copy is free, but that version
        will protect the first e-mail address it finds only. If you want to register
        which will allow you to protect all e-mail addresses it will be $24.95,
        presumably in US funds.

        David Randle

        Sioux says...

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2, 2003
          Thanks, David! This download of mine is 9 hours + long, and it's
          already crashed twice and had to be re-started -- so I didn't dare do
          anything more adventurous that check my e-mail!

          $24.95 it is, then. :-) Well worth it, in my (very humble) opinion --
          we use it all the time.

          -- Sioux