Re: NEW Crown Forces Website

  • Terry Lubka
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2003
      Greetings,
      I'm sorry to say this but by displaying all those email addresses of all the
      unit representatives plus the brigade command you are leaving all those
      people open to get tons of SPAM. No not the canned lunch meat. The
      unsolicited email.
      How so? Well spammers have a program called "spambots". These are automated
      programs that search webpages for email addresses to added to their
      distribution lists. I have a webpage and couldn't figure out for the longest
      time why I was a target for spam.
      Easy solution. Instead of putting the person's email address as it should be
      like johndoe@... , why not this way, johndoe at internet.com. The
      spambots won't pick this up.

      Terry