US Troops now 'GRAND TACTICAL'

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2003
      From: "john harris" <jharris@...>

      " ..... I hope the security problems ...... were resolved..."
      " ... It is not just at Ft. Henry that requires more US troops,
      but ALL of theevent's..."
      ___________________

      The security at fort Henry was beefed up this year and I heard of no
      problems.

      Yes, as my email also stated "It is not just at Ft. Henry but all of the
      1812 events that require more US troops.

      I remember when Ontario could boast of about 30 blue coats and now,
      if it wasn't for John and his unit, there are virtually no bluecoats in
      Ontario.

      Your statement is so true John, if they don't want to actually raise an
      American unit then most will have to carry both Brit and USA kits to events.
      I applaud those who do and yes, Larry's commentary states: ....no enemy ...
      no tactical!

      On the birthday of Canada and the United States I am reminded of the
      longest
      undefended border in the world and the friendships that have been forged
      through
      this hobby.

      Now to another matter .......

      There are those in the hobby who are in fact trying to turn this hobby
      around .....

      Plans are in the works to hold a 'GRAND TACTICAL' every year. This would
      mean
      every 1812 unit in North American would attend. One year in Canada and the
      the USA.

      Sites would have to be large enough to handle all the re-enactors as well as
      the food,
      straw, wood, etc. rations needed to be issued. Sites who have come on board
      offering
      their services so far are Fort Meigs, Fort Niagara, Mississinewa and Fort
      George is being approached as I "e".

      All involved are hoping for Fort Meigs to start the ball rolling with the
      GRAND TACTICAL
      in May 22/23, 2004. To be held on their regular Seige weekend but changing
      the venue for one
      year (next) to the 1812 GRAND TACTICAL .

      The only draw back, and I do not feel it is a draw back, as the US 7th and
      the 14th Light
      Dragoons come from the Southern States to attend events in Canada and
      Indiana, it will be
      up to the re-enactors from Ontario and Quebec to attend an event in the
      south once in a while
      or in the East as a site is also being scouted out there.

      This would resut in a large 1812 event, some where in North America with
      lots of red and blue,
      as well as artillery and cavalry.

      The 1812 GRAND TACTICAL will only work with you the re-enactor attends.

      Larry Lozon
    • pamelalynn36
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2003
        Now to another matter .......
        Plans are in the works to hold a 'GRAND TACTICAL' every year.

        Sites would have to be large enough to handle all the re-enactors as
        well as the food,straw, wood, etc. rations needed to be issued. Sites
        who have come on board

        or in the East as a site is also being scouted out there.

        Larry Lozon

        Hello Larry and List -

        Regarding a site for a GRAND TACTICAL in the east I offer Jefferson
        Patterson Park and Museum (Maryland - 45 minutes from DC and 1.5
        hours to Baltimore) as an option. We have 560 acres with 2.5 miles of
        shorline along the Patuxent River and St. Leoanard Creek. Space is no
        problem, and with enough advance notice we could certainly get
        sponsors for food, etc. We had had close to 15,000 visitors for the
        Celtic Festival last year!!!

        Our Reenacment of the Battle of St. Leonard Creek will be September
        27 - 28 this year, as I have posted before. Y'all come. If you want
        to be on our email or snail miail list for registration, please let
        me know.

        Pam Shubert
        JPPM Marketing and Development