RE: [WarOf1812] Re: US Troops

  • Drums
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2003
      I join you in your toast to "Dominion Day".

      "If it ain't broke don't fix it"!

      Cheers in advance to all my American friends. And especially those who
      share music!!! (wink, wink, nudge, nudge!)
      Ross "the intrepid drum major"

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2003
        > Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 19:30:47 -0400
        > From: "Larry Lozon" <lalozon@...>
        > Subject: US Troops now 'GRAND TACTICAL'

        > I remember when Ontario could boast of about 30 blue coats and now,
        > if it wasn't for John and his unit, there are virtually no bluecoats in
        > Ontario.

        Larry I thank you for the acknowledgement of the work that myself and my
        guy's have done over the past 5 years . How ever there is a group that
        tirelessly participates year in and year out and also , for the most part,
        travell's the furthest without complaint . That is the 19th US . Without
        them the line would be very small indeed ! Some of us can remember the day's
        when the 19th, the 17th, and a few other "regular" individuals , filled out
        the US line . Year after year, event after event , they are there . They
        are my closest friends and my comrades .

        > Your statement is so true John, if they don't want to actually raise an
        > American unit then most will have to carry both Brit and USA kits to
        > I applaud those who do and yes, Larry's commentary states: ....no enemy
        > no tactical!

        Agreed , but .. without offense to anyone . If you're going to make the
        effort to "join" the blue line , please take the time to do it right . We
        are very accomadating to provide guidence , and advice to anyone who want's
        to do it right . Please don't come to us with Rev-war uniforms, F &I
        uniforms , Star Trek uniforms , etc. It's really a matter of respect to what
        we are doing . I/We don't dress in Rev/ F& I when we play with the British
        line once a year at Niagara . Yes, we are not a North American Reg't, but ,
        we preform British Drill and wear a British uniform that is correct to the
        time we are portraying . We are very honoured when we are allowed to
        participate with the Batallion . Please do the same courtesy with us .

        > On the birthday of Canada and the United States I am reminded of the
        > longest
        > undefended border in the world and the friendships that have been forged
        > through
        > this hobby.

        I can't agree more . After 22 years of this time frame alone , I can't
        imagine not knowing the friends I have on both side's of the border . We are
        really blessed with this hobby .

        > Now to another matter .......
        > There are those in the hobby who are in fact trying to turn this hobby
        > around .....

        > Plans are in the works to hold a 'GRAND TACTICAL' every year. This would
        > mean
        > every 1812 unit in North American would attend. One year in Canada and the
        > the USA.

        Sound's good . Let's take a page from the Civil war re-enactors . Plan on a
        big event in a region on a particular year . Allow sufficient time so
        people can plan ahead with work etc. And have "The Big One" . This is how
        they ( the Civil War ) get's 40,000 troops on field !!! Of couse we don't
        have that many, but it would be great to see more than 100 soldiers on field

        > The 1812 GRAND TACTICAL will only work with you the re-enactor attends.

        I'll be first to say " I'll be there ! "

        Larry Lozon

        John Harris
        25th US Infantry Whiting's company
        42nd Reg't Grenadier Company
      • Sgt. Wattie
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2, 2003
          > Please don't come to us with Rev-war uniforms, F &I
          > uniforms , Star Trek uniforms , etc.

          Oh great! NOW you tell us ... after we've wasted $5 apiece on "Spock
          ears" for all of IMUC!
          Chris W.