NEW Crown Forces Website

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2003
      1812'ers, Site and Event Co-ordinators,

      I am directed to invite all to visit

      http://1812crownforces.tripod.com

      This web site was created to allow all to have easy access to a listing
      of the re-created Military Re-enactment Units portraying War of 1812
      BRITISH ~ CANADIAN ~ MILITIA and ALLIED FORCES
      in the United States and Canada and their contacts.

      This list will allow ease by prospective recruits to contact units as well.

      For the good of the hobby and the 1812 time period in general

      Larry Lozon

      Aide-de-Camp to Deputy Adjutant General P. Twist,
      Officer Commanding ~ Crown Forces Upper Canada
      2I/C ~ Crown Forces North America
    • Terry Lubka
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1 8:54 PM
        Greetings,
        I'm sorry to say this but by displaying all those email addresses of all the
        unit representatives plus the brigade command you are leaving all those
        people open to get tons of SPAM. No not the canned lunch meat. The
        unsolicited email.
        How so? Well spammers have a program called "spambots". These are automated
        programs that search webpages for email addresses to added to their
        distribution lists. I have a webpage and couldn't figure out for the longest
        time why I was a target for spam.
        Easy solution. Instead of putting the person's email address as it should be
        like johndoe@... , why not this way, johndoe at internet.com. The
        spambots won't pick this up.

        Terry