RE: [WarOf1812] Two historical questions

  • Peter Catley
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 25, 2003
      Sorry Ray, some corrections:

      The 1/IX arrived back at the post of Antwerp on about 20 July 1815 and were
      sent to Paris, camping in the Bois de Bolougne as part of the Army of
      occupation. They remained on garrison duty in various parts of northern
      France principally based around Cambrai until in late October 1818 when they
      were returned to England and were then sent off to serve in the West Indies.

      We are still checking the identity of the Officer but David (Son) thinks
      that it may have been the younger Sibourne.WM Gomm.

      Cheers

      P*8