Re: Infantry equipment, lotsa questions

  • Robert Van Patten
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 2, 1999
      Pray, where does one obtain the correct type of military powder horn?

      ----------
      > From: BritcomHMP@...
      > To: WarOf1812@onelist.com
      > Subject: Re: [WarOf1812] Infantry equipment, lotsa questions
      > Date: Friday, July 02, 1999 9:40 PM
      >
      > From: BritcomHMP@...
      >
      > In a message dated 7/2/99 6:18:25 PM Central Daylight Time,
      > orville@... writes:
      >
      > << You chaps worry about a triple charged musket.
      > Try thinking about a powder horn, forgetfully uncapped, drizzling a
      stream
      > of powder to the ground in the spark-filled environment of a tactical.
      >>

      > Actually the correct type of military powder horn has a spring loaded
      stopper
      > that dispenses the correct priming charge and automatically closes when
      > released (a simple yet ingenious device.
      >
      > Cheers
      >
      > Tim

      > Check out this week's ONElist of the week.
      > http://www.onelist.com
      > How is ONElist changing YOUR life? Visit our homepage and let us know!

      square miles: in North America, hundreds determined the fate of THOUSANDS
      of square miles...

    • BritcomHMP@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 3, 1999
        orville@... writes:

        << Pray, where does one obtain the correct type of military powder horn? >>

        Dear Robert:
        I don't know that they are made commercially. In the UK the 95th, who had
        several gunsmiths in their ranks in the early days, used to make their own.
        However the mechanism is not overly complicated.