Re: [WarOf1812] 100th Foot

  • Ray Hobbs
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 3, 2003
      John:
      I have a copy of the War Journal of George Ferguson, which I have
      transcribed myself. I am hoping to edit, annotate and publish it. I
      have half the permission, but his descendants seem to have disappeared.
      Ferguson was an Irish soldier (naturally in the 100th) and a member of
      the Light Company. It is an interesting read. If you are at Stoney
      Creek, we can chat about it. the War stuff is from 1809 until 1816
      when he bought himself out of the Army, and became a Methodist Circuit
      Rider in Upper Canada.
      Ray Hobbs, Sgt
      CO 41st Regiment of Foot
      HQ Hamilton, Ontario

      The Canadas 1799-1815

      http://fortyfirst.tripod.com/

      On Tuesday, June 3, 2003, at 09:17 PM, John McGarry wrote:

      > Hello,
      > I'm looking for information concerning the 100th Foot in the Canadas
      > during the war.  Knowing that your good selves comprise a vast and
      > powerful resource (that was me kissing up so that you'll help), I
      > thought someone might be able to at least suggest a good starting
      > point.  Many thanks in advance.
      >
      > John McGarry
      > 1/1st, The Royals

      <image.tiff>

      > THOUSANDS of square miles...

    • Ray Hobbs
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 3, 2003
        John:
        The other source, of course, is the large amount of material in the
        National Archive in Ottawa. It is readily accessible to researchers in
        microfilm form, and there is no charge for its use. If you can't do it
        yourself, then you would probably need to pay a professional
        researcher. Failing that, if you know what microfilm you want, you can
        purchase a copy from the NA, at about $45 per roll. The NA have a good
        website at
        http://www.archives.ca/ and you can track much of their material from
        this site.
        As B4
        Ray

        On Tuesday, June 3, 2003, at 09:17 PM, John McGarry wrote:

        > Hello,
        > I'm looking for information concerning the 100th Foot in the Canadas
        > during the war.  Knowing that your good selves comprise a vast and
        > powerful resource (that was me kissing up so that you'll help), I
        > thought someone might be able to at least suggest a good starting
        > point.  Many thanks in advance.
        >
        > John McGarry
        > 1/1st, The Royals

        <image.tiff>

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 4, 2003
          From: "John McGarry" <johnmcgarry1@...>

          I'm looking for information concerning the 100th Foot in the Canadas

          ------------------------

          go to:

          http://www.google.ca

          type in

          '100th Regiment of Foot'

          and you get:

          100th (or Prince of Wales's Royal Canadian) Regiment of Foot [UK ...
          ... 1804, 100th Regiment of Foot. 180? 100th Regiment of Foot (Prince
          Regent's County of Dublin Regiment). 1816, 99th Regiment of Foot ...
          www.regiments.org/milhist/uk/inf/100-858.htm - 39k - Cached - Similar pages

          Register and Index of the Irish Regiments of the British Empire ...
          ... 100th Regiment of Foot (Prince Regent's County of Dublin Regiment).
          100th (or Prince of Wales's Royal Canadian) Regiment of Foot. ...
          www.regiments.org/milhist/regtintro/rgtirish.htm - 34k - Cached - Similar
          pages
          [ More results from www.regiments.org ]

          Irish Regiments in World War 1 - Dungarvan Museum
          ... The Prince of Wales's Leinster Regiment - Royal Canadians - formerly
          100th Regiment
          of Foot and 109th Regiment of Foot (View The Cap Badge Of The Leinster ...
          www.dungarvanmuseum.org/ index.cgi?art_id=31&pagenum=6 - 19k - Cached -
          Similar pages

          Irish Regiments in World War 1 - Dungarvan Museum
          ... formerly 88th Regiment of Foot and 94th Regiment of Foot); The Prince of
          Wales's
          Leinster Regiment (Royal Canadians) (formerly 100th Regiment of Foot and
          109th ...
          www.dungarvanmuseum.org/ index.cgi?art_id=31&pagenum=1 - 18k - Cached -
          Similar pages
          [ More results from www.dungarvanmuseum.org ]

          British Army and Royal Navy Buttons of the Napoleonic Wars
          ... P. P. S. S. 95th Rifles(silver plated ball button), S. 100th Regiment of
          Foot,
          P. P. 102nd Regiment of Foot, P. P. 104th (or New Brunswick) Regiment of
          Foot,
          P. ...
          www.militaryheritage.com/button3.htm - 30k - Cached - Similar pages

          Draft as of 16 June 1996
          ... 100th Regiment of Foot (The Prince Regent's County of Dublin Regiment),
          1812-1815." Military Collector and Historian, 27 (Fall 1975), p. 118. ...
          www.army.mil/cmh-pg/reference/1812/1812BR.htm - 7k - Cached - Similar pages

          Heritage Studio: 100 Foot, 1812
          View our tour of military artwork by DJ Neary. This page features
          a watercolor of the 100th Regiment of Foot, 1812. ...
          www.heritagestudio.com/mil20.htm - 6k - Cached - Similar pages
        • Peter Catley
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 4, 2003
            Gentlemen,

            Please raise a glass to His Most Britannic Majesty King George III who was
            born this day 265 years ago at Norfolk House, St James Square, London.

            Peter Catley
[...]

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            square miles...

          • Docwaterloo