100th Foot

  • John McGarry
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 3, 2003
      Hello,
      I'm looking for information concerning the 100th Foot in the Canadas
      during the war. Knowing that your good selves comprise a vast and
      powerful resource (that was me kissing up so that you'll help), I
      thought someone might be able to at least suggest a good starting
      point. Many thanks in advance.

      John McGarry
      1/1st, The Royals
    • Ray Hobbs
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 3, 2003
        John:
        I have a copy of the War Journal of George Ferguson, which I have
        transcribed myself. I am hoping to edit, annotate and publish it. I
        have half the permission, but his descendants seem to have disappeared.
        Ferguson was an Irish soldier (naturally in the 100th) and a member of
        the Light Company. It is an interesting read. If you are at Stoney
        Creek, we can chat about it. the War stuff is from 1809 until 1816
        when he bought himself out of the Army, and became a Methodist Circuit
        Rider in Upper Canada.
        Ray Hobbs, Sgt
        CO 41st Regiment of Foot
        HQ Hamilton, Ontario

        The Canadas 1799-1815

        http://fortyfirst.tripod.com/

        On Tuesday, June 3, 2003, at 09:17 PM, John McGarry wrote:

        > Hello,
        > I'm looking for information concerning the 100th Foot in the Canadas
        > during the war.  Knowing that your good selves comprise a vast and
        > powerful resource (that was me kissing up so that you'll help), I
        > thought someone might be able to at least suggest a good starting
        > point.  Many thanks in advance.
        >
        > John McGarry
        > 1/1st, The Royals

        <image.tiff>

        > THOUSANDS of square miles...

      • Ray Hobbs
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 3, 2003
          John:
          The other source, of course, is the large amount of material in the
          National Archive in Ottawa. It is readily accessible to researchers in
          microfilm form, and there is no charge for its use. If you can't do it
          yourself, then you would probably need to pay a professional
          researcher. Failing that, if you know what microfilm you want, you can
          purchase a copy from the NA, at about $45 per roll. The NA have a good
          website at
          http://www.archives.ca/ and you can track much of their material from
          this site.
          As B4
          Ray

          On Tuesday, June 3, 2003, at 09:17 PM, John McGarry wrote:

          > Hello,
          > I'm looking for information concerning the 100th Foot in the Canadas
          > during the war.  Knowing that your good selves comprise a vast and
          > powerful resource (that was me kissing up so that you'll help), I
          > thought someone might be able to at least suggest a good starting
          > point.  Many thanks in advance.
          >
          > John McGarry
          > 1/1st, The Royals

          <image.tiff>

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 4, 2003
            From: "John McGarry" <johnmcgarry1@...>

            I'm looking for information concerning the 100th Foot in the Canadas

            ------------------------

            go to:

            http://www.google.ca

            type in

            '100th Regiment of Foot'

            and you get:

            100th (or Prince of Wales's Royal Canadian) Regiment of Foot [UK ...
            ... 1804, 100th Regiment of Foot. 180? 100th Regiment of Foot (Prince
            Regent's County of Dublin Regiment). 1816, 99th Regiment of Foot ...
            www.regiments.org/milhist/uk/inf/100-858.htm - 39k - Cached - Similar pages

            Register and Index of the Irish Regiments of the British Empire ...
            ... 100th Regiment of Foot (Prince Regent's County of Dublin Regiment).
            100th (or Prince of Wales's Royal Canadian) Regiment of Foot. ...
            www.regiments.org/milhist/regtintro/rgtirish.htm - 34k - Cached - Similar
            pages
            [ More results from www.regiments.org ]

            Irish Regiments in World War 1 - Dungarvan Museum
            ... The Prince of Wales's Leinster Regiment - Royal Canadians - formerly
            100th Regiment
            of Foot and 109th Regiment of Foot (View The Cap Badge Of The Leinster ...
            www.dungarvanmuseum.org/ index.cgi?art_id=31&pagenum=6 - 19k - Cached -
            Similar pages

            Irish Regiments in World War 1 - Dungarvan Museum
            ... formerly 88th Regiment of Foot and 94th Regiment of Foot); The Prince of
            Wales's
            Leinster Regiment (Royal Canadians) (formerly 100th Regiment of Foot and
            109th ...
            www.dungarvanmuseum.org/ index.cgi?art_id=31&pagenum=1 - 18k - Cached -
            Similar pages
            [ More results from www.dungarvanmuseum.org ]

            British Army and Royal Navy Buttons of the Napoleonic Wars
            ... P. P. S. S. 95th Rifles(silver plated ball button), S. 100th Regiment of
            Foot,
            P. P. 102nd Regiment of Foot, P. P. 104th (or New Brunswick) Regiment of
            Foot,
            P. ...
            www.militaryheritage.com/button3.htm - 30k - Cached - Similar pages

            Draft as of 16 June 1996
            ... 100th Regiment of Foot (The Prince Regent's County of Dublin Regiment),
            1812-1815." Military Collector and Historian, 27 (Fall 1975), p. 118. ...
            www.army.mil/cmh-pg/reference/1812/1812BR.htm - 7k - Cached - Similar pages

            Heritage Studio: 100 Foot, 1812
            View our tour of military artwork by DJ Neary. This page features
            a watercolor of the 100th Regiment of Foot, 1812. ...
            www.heritagestudio.com/mil20.htm - 6k - Cached - Similar pages
          • Peter Catley
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 4, 2003
              Gentlemen,

              Please raise a glass to His Most Britannic Majesty King George III who was
              born this day 265 years ago at Norfolk House, St James Square, London.

              Peter Catley
[...]

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              square miles...

            • Docwaterloo