Historic Merchants' Christmas Gathering

  • Susan Spencer McLean
    Message 1 of 6 , May 28, 2003
      Hey Larry and the rest of ya's:

      Please add the following event to the 1812 Events list:

      Saturday, December 6, 2003, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, A Christmas Gathering
      of Historic Merchants, Melrose United Church, at the corner of Locke
      Street and Homewood Avenue in Hamilton, Ontario. Admission will be $2.00
      at the door; those in period attire will be admitted free of charge.

      Our fourth annual Christmas Gift Market is now being organized, and we
      anticipate participation by some 20 sutlers covering the time period
      1700 to 1900. This is the perfect opportunity to pick up that special
      gift for the re-enactor(s) in your family -- not to mention those
      hard-to-buy-for folks on your list. Many sutlers will be running a gift
      registry service throughout the summer, so you can also register for
      that item you're dying for and send your unsuspecting significant other
      to the Gathering to pick it up for you!

      In addition, we are working to revive the King's Company Christmas
      Wassail (dinner and dance), to be held that same evening in Hamilton.
      Please stay tuned for details -- we will forward more information on
      this as soon as things are firmed up.

      For more details, a map, and so forth, check out our website at
      http://www.historicmerchants.com -- we will update the website with
      additional information throughout the season as things are confirmed.

      Thanks!
      -- Sioux
      Mrs. McLean's Mercantile
      for HistoricMerchants.com
    • Susan Spencer
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
        Just a quick reminder that the Gathering runs tomorrow, Saturday Dec.
        2nd, from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm at City Hall, 71 Main Street West (at Bay
        Street), Hamilton, Ontario. Admission is free of charge, as is parking
        in the City Hall lots. Door prizes will be given, and a special door
        prize will be drawn for those who arrive in period garb.

        48 merchants, museum and historic site gift shops, and
        historically-oriented display and information booths are excitedly
        making ready to welcome you tomorrow morning (you should see the e-mails
        that I've been getting from them!). A full listing is available on our
        website at www.historicmerchants.com/xmasgathering.html -- there's also
        a link to a map and directions there, as well as other general
        information on the event.

        Looking forward to seeing you there!
        -- Sioux
      • Susan Spencer

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 25, 2007
            Just a quick reminder that the eighth annual Historic Merchants'
            Christmas Gathering is coming up quickly -- next Saturday, December 1st,
            10:00 am to 4:00 pm, at our new venue (while City Hall is undergoing
            renovations), Sir John A. Macdonald Secondary School, 130 York Boulevard
            (at Bay Street), Hamilton, Ontario (close to but not yet at the Centre
            of the Universe . . .).

            We have some 40 merchant and display booths participating this year --
            many of our "regulars" have returned this year, and we've been joined by
            a few new folks! A silent auction will be held, and door prizes will be
            given. Those attending in period dress will be eligible for a very
            special door prize. Light refreshments will be available, and of course
            Four and Twenty Blackbirds will have a selection of their delightful
            goodies on hand for you to purchase as well . . .

            Admission is free of charge, and there is free parking in the City lot
            off Bay Street. More information, a listing of merchants, and a link to
            a map and driving directions are all available through the event's
            website at http://www.historicmerchants.com

            Hope to see you there!
            -- Sioux
          • Spencer's Mercantile
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 7, 2008
              Just when you thought it was safe to pack away your uniforms for the
              winter (those of you who aren't going to Mississinewa, of course!) . . .
              a quick reminder:

              Historic Merchants' Christmas Gathering

              Saturday, December 6th, 2008, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m
              at
              Sir John A. Macdonald Secondary School,
              130 York Boulevard (at Bay Street), Hamilton, Ontario

              <http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=internal&addtohistory=&latitude=obk%2bNVFaLZ5PEtyfx4JU4g%3d%3d&longitude=pnBVBE3pbbSGPFRv2E1Ksg%3d%3d&name=Sir%20John%20A%20Mac%20Donald%20School&country=CA&address=130%20York%20Blvd&city=Hamilton&state=ON&zipcode=L8R%201Y5&phone=905%2d528%2d8363&spurl=0&&q=Sir%20John%20A%2e%20MacDonald%20Secondary%20School&qc=Schools%20%28K%2d12%29>

              Join us for a day of historical shopping as some of your favorite
              historic merchants gather together to make your Christmas wishes come
              true - a Christmas Market straight from the times of Jane Austen and
              Charles Dickens!

              Those attending in period attire will be eligible for a special door prize.

              Gifts and treasures to delight even the most discerning person on your
              Christmas list!

              Free Parking in the City's parking lot across the street (off Bay).

              Music by Steve Fuller of Back Up and Push and on the Porter Music Box
              will be ongoing throughout the day.

              For further information, contact us by telephone at (866) 690-6507 or
              (905) 525-6303 or by email at historynuts(at)historicmerchants.com

              Mark your calendars, and I look forward to seeing you there!

              Cheers,
              -- Sioux

            • donna durnford
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 8, 2008
                Missed you at Fanshaw this year Sue, See ya next season. Donna