July 4th

  • Rob Taylor
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 2, 1999
      Just wanted to say Happy 4th of July to all the American people on this
      list, have a great weekend.

      Rob Taylor

      ===
      War of 1812 Website: http://members.tripod.com/~war1812/

    • Robert Van Patten
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 2, 1999
        Thanks, Rob! Ordnance is all in readiness.

        van

        ----------
        > From: Rob Taylor <niagara_falls_98@...>
        > To: WarOf1812@onelist.com
        > Subject: [WarOf1812] July 4th
        > Date: Friday, July 02, 1999 6:01 AM
        >
        > From: Rob Taylor <niagara_falls_98@...>
        >
        > Just wanted to say Happy 4th of July to all the American people on this
        > list, have a great weekend.
        >
        > Rob Taylor
        >
        > ===
        > War of 1812 Website: http://members.tripod.com/~war1812/

        > ONElist: the best source for group communications.
        > http://www.onelist.com
        > Join a new list today!

        square miles: in North America, hundreds determined the fate of THOUSANDS
        of square miles...

      • NINETY3RD@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 2, 1999
          In a message dated 02/7/1999 3:01:44 AM, niagara_falls_98@... writes:

          << Just wanted to say Happy 4th of July to all the American people on this
          list, have a great weekend. >>

          I don't know if there are any Brazilians on the list, but I am sure they
          would appreciate it.
          <grin>

        • carstedf@escape.ca
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 3, 1999
            A health to the officers and men of His Majesty's Swiss Regiment De Watteville, who on this day in 1806 fought at the battle of Maida under the command of Major-General Sir John Stuart and helped beat the French force commanded by General Comte Reynier.
            Maida was awarded to the regiment as a battle honour which was borne on the belt plate and buttons, as well as the regimental colours.

            Frederick Carsted
            Fidelitas et Honor
            Terra et Mare
          • BritcomHMP@aol.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 4, 1999
              For all our gallant lads, and especially Fred, here is a fairly rare print of
              'The grand Charge at MAIDA' from an original in my collection dated 1809.

              For the USAians I can do no better on this day than quote Benjamin Franklin
              on witnessing the Gordon Riots in London.

              "Some punishment is surely preparing for a people who thus abuse the best
              King and constitution God has given any nation." :-)

              A happy 4th to all!

            • Robert Van Patten
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 4, 1999
                Gee, I always thought Richard Milhouse Nixon was punishment enough for any
                people. And don't forget Senator McCarthy.
                :-)
                van

                ----------
                > From: BritcomHMP@...
                > To: WarOf1812@onelist.com
                > Subject: Re: [WarOf1812] July 4th
                > Date: Sunday, July 04, 1999 10:45 AM
                >
                > For all our gallant lads, and especially Fred, here is a fairly rare
                print of
                > 'The grand Charge at MAIDA' from an original in my collection dated 1809.
                >
                > For the USAians I can do no better on this day than quote Benjamin
                Franklin
                > on witnessing the Gordon Riots in London.
                >
                > "Some punishment is surely preparing for a people who thus abuse the best

                > King and constitution God has given any nation." :-)
                >
                > A happy 4th to all!
                >
                > Cheers
                >
                > Tim

              • DM Carpenter
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 4, 1999
                  What about the current pile of dog vomit in the White House? no smiley

                  Dave

                  Robert Van Patten wrote:

                  > From: "Robert Van Patten" <orville@...>
                  >
                  > Gee, I always thought Richard Milhouse Nixon was punishment enough for any
                  > people. And don't forget Senator McCarthy.
                  > :-)
                  > van
                  >
                  > ----------
                  > > From: BritcomHMP@...
                  > > To: WarOf1812@onelist.com
                  > > Subject: Re: [WarOf1812] July 4th
                  > > Date: Sunday, July 04, 1999 10:45 AM
                  > >
                  > > For all our gallant lads, and especially Fred, here is a fairly rare
                  > print of
                  > > 'The grand Charge at MAIDA' from an original in my collection dated 1809.
                  > >
                  > > For the USAians I can do no better on this day than quote Benjamin
                  > Franklin
                  > > on witnessing the Gordon Riots in London.
                  > >
                  > > "Some punishment is surely preparing for a people who thus abuse the best
                  >
                  > > King and constitution God has given any nation." :-)
                  > >
                  > > A happy 4th to all!
                  > >
                  > > Cheers
                  > >
                  > > Tim

                  > Looking to expand your world?
                  > http://www.onelist.com
                  > ONElist has 180,000 e-mail communities from which to choose!

                • Robert Van Patten
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 4, 1999
                    I understand your apt description but that pile of dog barf never tried to
                    steal a government - just an office blow job. No, Nixon gets the vote!

                    ----------
                    > From: DM Carpenter <viking04@...>
                    > To: WarOf1812@onelist.com
                    > Subject: Re: [WarOf1812] July 4th
                    > Date: Sunday, July 04, 1999 1:53 PM
                    >
                    > From: DM Carpenter <viking04@...>
                    >
                    > What about the current pile of dog vomit in the White House? no smiley
                    >
                    > Dave
                    >
                    > Robert Van Patten wrote:
                    >
                    > > From: "Robert Van Patten" <orville@...>
                    > >
                    > > Gee, I always thought Richard Milhouse Nixon was punishment enough for
                    any
                    > > people. And don't forget Senator McCarthy.
                    > > :-)
                    > > van
                    > >
                    > > ----------
                    > > > From: BritcomHMP@...
                    > > > To: WarOf1812@onelist.com
                    > > > Subject: Re: [WarOf1812] July 4th
                    > > > Date: Sunday, July 04, 1999 10:45 AM
                    > > >
                    > > > For all our gallant lads, and especially Fred, here is a fairly rare
                    > > print of
                    > > > 'The grand Charge at MAIDA' from an original in my collection dated
                    1809.

                    > > > For the USAians I can do no better on this day than quote Benjamin
                    > > Franklin
                    > > > on witnessing the Gordon Riots in London.
                    > > >
                    > > > "Some punishment is surely preparing for a people who thus abuse the
                    best

                    > > > King and constitution God has given any nation." :-)
                    > > >
                    > > > A happy 4th to all!
                    > > >
                    > > > Cheers
                    > > >
                    > > > Tim
                    > > >

                    > > --------------------------- ONElist Sponsor
                    ----------------------------

                    > > Looking to expand your world?
                    > > http://www.onelist.com
                    > > ONElist has 180,000 e-mail communities from which to choose!

                    > > The War of 1812: In Europe, thousands fought over the fate of hundreds
                    of square miles: in North America, hundreds determined the fate of
                    THOUSANDS of square miles...

                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 4, 1999
                      Robert,

                      We might ought to take this private beyond this, but if you believe the press line that *all* Clinton did was got his root gobbled, I expect that you also believe the
                      press line that reenactors are dangerous yahoos who are secretly training to take over with our .75 cal. assault rifles. (You can fix bayonets on them, you know.....they
                      have bigger bullets than machine guns and all.) *G*

                      Dave

                    • Robert Van Patten
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jul 4, 1999
                        oops. I thought we were in private. End of discussion as far as I'm
                        concerned.

                        ----------

                      • BritcomHMP@xxx.xxx
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jul 4, 1999
                          orville@... writes:

                          << Gee, I always thought Richard Milhouse Nixon was punishment enough for any
                          people. And don't forget Senator McCarthy.
                          :-) >>

                          After Clinton I think you are not only paid in full but actually in credit!
                        • BritcomHMP@xxx.xxx
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jul 4, 1999
                            orville@... writes:

                            << I understand your apt description but that pile of dog barf never tried to
                            steal a government - just an office blow job. No, Nixon gets the vote!

                            As I understand it Mr. C didn't try to steal the government. Just sell bits
                            off to the Communists and Asian powerbrokers for campaign contributions. Oh
                            and lets not forget the Bhudist Temple thing (where was separation of Church
                            and State on that one?).

                            No wonder Monty Python isn't on any more how can you send up something that
                            is a parody of itself?
                          • suthren@magma.ca
                            Message 13 of 13 , Jul 4, 2008
                              To our American friends, buddies, comrades-in-arms, neighbours, a hearty Huzzah! and a wish that you have a super 4th. Keep Old Glory flying up there forever, guys....

                              Vic Suthren
                              and the
                              Naval Establishment
                              Crown Forces North America